Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Can you please help me out with this!  (Read 5816 times)

lonelywarrior

• View Profile
Can you please help me out with this!
« on: March 20, 2012, 07:28:02 PM »
Hi Tony,

I just wanted to clarify something about my dreams which are often related to food..I have been getting these dreams where I keep eating some food(all kinds of Indian food).Its like I go out with my family as a whole and we eat together or with my husband or with my friends or with some strangers.Referring to the food,it is all kinds from rice and curry,lots of chocolates and cakes,fried foods or some homemade food that am being fed by my family members while on a roadtrip.Places will be restaurants or in a vehicle while on roadtrip or roadside stalls or sometimes even weird places like parking garage but where perfect food is served on a banana leaf..These dreams are bugging me for years together(more than 10 years).Reality is that I am not a food lover and have no such kind of food craze and neither am I with my family right now so as to dream of picnics and food stuffs..I know for sure that it is not related to food that I eat in my real life.I had always been facing a dreadful and weary life loaded with sorrows since my childhood and have plunged into my spiritual search since then.I often read that food dreams are either related to spirituality or with stressful living..
Please help me figure this out.. :(

Thanks in advance..

lonely warrior

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Can you please help me out with this!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 01:51:55 PM »
Lonely Warrior – Where did you read that food dreams relate to spirituality or stressful living?

Meaning derives from context, and context rests on personal associations. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/context/

In the dream dictionary, if you read the introduction and do not simply look up the dictionary entry, you will see that contest and associations are of prime importance. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/association-of-ideas-with-dreams/

But your dreams about food are in context with India and family. Also something that is forgotten in the factor is digestion. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/digest/

So it seems your dream process, which is pretty wise, is encouraging you to eat and digest the food of India – in other words their philosophy. That can be hard going, but a way to do it – as your dishes are those produced for a Western person – is probably the book 14 Lessons in Yoga Philosophy by Yogi Ramacharaka. I feel it is something everyone should be exposed to.

I think simply served on a banana leaf sounds excellent.

Tony

lonelywarrior

• View Profile
Re: Can you please help me out with this!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 08:42:43 PM »
Hi Tony,

As you say,rather going into details,I had been seeing my dreams on an outline,may be that is the reason for my misunderstanding about food related to spirituality or stress..sorry about that :(
I had been reading a lot of Indian books recently,I feel like What you say is something related to it..
Thanks a lot for your insight and suggestion!

lonelywarrior