Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rape, but not really  (Read 5227 times)

Music_Obsessed98

• View Profile
Rape, but not really
« on: February 21, 2014, 04:10:37 PM »
I had a dream that I was in a random house with my cousin. He was trying to get me in trouble and I was running from him. I fell asleep in the dream and when I woke up I knew that I had been raped. I felt robbed of my virginity and lonely. I went to school (a school I no longer go to in reality) and nobody would treat me like a normal person, but they also wouldn't believe that I had gone through something terrible. My mom was at the school with me and she was angry at me for being upset over what had happened to me. Everyone thought that I was overreacting when really I was just so upset over someone taking advantage of me. What does this dream mean?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Rape, but not really
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 08:32:03 AM »
MusicObsessed - The problem with trying to answer your dream is that while we sleep we are alone in our dreams. We are capable of creating a world filled with images and drama that is real, and yet is like an image on a cinema screen and it has nothing to do with waking life. So it is you playing with and immersed in your imagination, your fears, your hopes and longings, and much of what you create is from what you would not admit to yourself, from your unconscious - the part of you that keeps you breathing and heart beating even when ‘you’ are lost to the world.

So it seems if I look at your dream that in fact you want to lose your virginity, but because we are a strange mixture of the natural and what we believe, you have a conflict between your natural self and your religious, social or family beliefs. Please see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#Summing and http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/

Tony

Music_Obsessed98

• View Profile
Re: Rape, but not really
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 10:41:55 PM »
This makes much more sense now. Thank you very much!