Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Money Mixture  (Read 7377 times)

februarysgirl

• View Profile
A Money Mixture
« on: July 02, 2014, 05:06:36 PM »
I dreamt I was at a cash machine and wanted to withdraw £10. I took the money and was walking away when a group of men (young) called me back and said that I hadn't taken my money. I looked back and saw that there was a large bundle of notes still at the machine and was certain it wasn't mine.  They insisted it was and when I checked I saw that I had accidentally withdrawn nearly all of the money in my account. I was surprised that the men had called me back rather than take it for themselves. I noticed the money was in dollar bills rather than pound notes and being uncomfortable carrying that amount of cash, I took a taxi to get to the bank as soon as possible. The taxi was only able to go part of the way as the road had been heavily excavated and I'd have to walk the rest. There was a narrow strip of the road in the middle but as I started walking across it I got scared by the depth of the hole and that I'd fall in so turned back. To the right there was another strip of road which was next to a wall so I crossed there. I got to the bank and there was a long line of people waiting so I joined the end of the queue, anxious to get the money back into my account as soon as possible. A bank worker then announced they were closing for the day and wouldn't be serving anyone else. I began to panic and spoke to the bank worker telling her what had happened, explaining that I couldn't possibly keep that amount of cash on me. She said she would try to help.

I've tried looking at interpretations for ATMs and banks but none of them seem to fit the events of my dream. It's not often I have dreams that I remember in detail but when I do I always have the feeling it's because they're trying to tell me something, I just can't work this one out.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: A Money Mixture
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 09:06:28 AM »
FebruarysGirl - A dream image - the ATM - is only a word in a sentence - the dream - and is only understandable when seen in context with the rest of the dream. So then we have to put the words/images together to form a story.

The ATM is a way you can draw on your resources, resources that give you power to do and get things in the world. But you were unaware that you had empted your reserves and in fact you had been unconscious that they were vulnerable. If it were not for the honesty of others you would be ‘broke’.

This leads you to feel how can you feel safe again, how can you avoid feeling you could be robbed, attacked, simply because you obviously have resources/good looks/attractive/money whatever it is you feel unsafe about.

There was a hole in the way - an error you may fall into, a difficulty you are facing, or a danger that confronts you. A big hole might suggest a descent into the unconscious, memories. But you are careful to avoid it. You should maybe read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#Summing So you are facing multiple anxieties, because it is difficult to get to the bank - your temple of security.

So what was it that triggered your dream of many anxious moments. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/

Tony

februarysgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 12:12:33 PM »
Resources is definitely a word that has been going round in my head since the dream. The context of the resources was what was eluding me but your interpretation makes a lot of sense. I'm in the early stages of writing a book and what you've said sounds a lot like some of the concerns I have. When I've needed help I've asked other people for their input but I never give too much away about the story because I genuinely fear that it'll be stolen simply because they're writers themselves. It's a negative, automatic assumption about a particular group of people. What you've said about the hole puts the taxi driver in context as well. I've asked for advice, read a lot of blogs and books on writing but other people can only take me so far, I have to complete the rest of the journey myself and this is where fear I'll fall. A large part of me thinks I won't make it the rest of the way and will fail to finish the book. It's comforting to know at least part of me believes I can find a way to make it but I definitely won't be able to relax until it's been copywrited and published to protect anyone else from stealing the story. I can't do that until it's been beta read, been through an editor (possibly two) and had a cover designed. I have to wait until other people have completed their processes before I can secure it hence the queue.

Thanks for the help, I feel a lot more positive that I'll find a way to get the book finished even though I may get frustrated waiting for other people.  The links were very interesting, thanks for those as well  :)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 07:54:30 AM »
FebruaryGirl - Thanks for the helpful feedback. I now see that in fact you have all your resources in your hands, so get on with it.

What I am about to say isn’t linked with you dream, but from the fact I started successfully writing when I was 18 - I’m now 77.

I know it is often done to gain confidence but do not show your work to other writers. They have there own agenda and what they say may well not add to your confidence. If you want real productive information go to a professional editor - after you have finished writing you book. Don’t just pick one from an advert, but find one who works for a big publishing company. They really know their stuff.

But it’s okay to go it alone. The best 3 advices from a professional were - Study the market and the competition - and 2 was Study the market and the competition - and 3 was Study the market and the competition.

Then write for the market you aim for and get down to it and follow your own inner being that is the writer in you - and do not hesitate but do your very best.

Back to your dream - You have enormous resources, but you had to go through hell to know that you have them. Don’t worry about putting them in a safe place - that is not what writers do - use them with your obvious talent.

Tony

februarysgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 09:55:59 AM »
Thanks ever so much for your advice on writing. My plan at present is to finish the first draft, then revise it, go through it again with a book I have on self-editing (written by two professional editors) and then put it to beta readers. I know I'm too close to it and won't be able to see where it's going wrong myself. One of them is my best friend of 30 years (I recently beta read for her) who I know will give an honest opinion without agenda and that criticism will be constructive. The other I'm hoping for is my former English teacher but that's dependent on whether I'm able to track him down and whether he wants to do it! I'll consider their comments, make any necessary changes and then submit it to an editor. I'm definitely not going to be picking one from an advert, I'm going to get some recommendations, look at their credentials and then get ones I'm considering to do a sample edit before I decide who to go with. I'll then brace myself for having it pulled apart! It's a lot of steps to go through before publishing but I want it to be as good as it can be.

The competition and market part is definitely a weak spot as I don't know for certain where it fits in, I'm hoping an editor will be able to clarify which "bookshelf" it should sit on. Because of that, I'm unsure as to who my competition is. I'm writing a story that I would love to read and that people I know will also love but on a wider scale I don't think it's a lot of people's cup of tea. That's the main reason I'm self-publishing, I don't think any publisher would touch it with a barge pole regardless of how good the writing is.

Thanks for all the help and advice, it's very much appreciated  :)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 08:57:06 AM »
Don't forget there are several self publishing firm and you do not have to only publish with one.

There is of course Amazon (https://kdp.amazon.com/) - also Smashwords (https://www.smashwords.com/) a good seller but not quite as swish, and one that I have lost the address for. If I find it will send.

Here's one (http://www.lulu.com/?mid=~msem~cgoogle~abrand_lulu_general_uk_broad&s_kwcid=TC|1027418|lulu||S|b|44091457821&atrkid=V1ADW5FE5C432-1338264831-k-lulu-44091457821-b-g-m-1t2&gclid=CI3qsPSftb8CFYgEwwod1gUAiQ)

Tony
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:02:39 AM by Tony Crisp »

februarysgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 10:08:53 PM »
I know there's loads of them! I've been keeping up with blogs on self-publishing and there's so much information about the pros and cons of each company and how best to use them it's overwhelming. I imagine when I get to the publishing stage I shall get myself in a right mess trying to make sure I'm on all the ones I need to be.