Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The playful raven  (Read 5518 times)

Sunchaser

• View Profile
The playful raven
« on: May 27, 2014, 11:32:46 AM »
Greetings

I often have weird dreams and I tend to remember a lot of them. However the one I had three days ago really stuck with me. Since the dream involves a raven and thoughts of old wildy differ from thoughts of new, I am unable to grasp its meaning. Hence I ask for help.
I will let you know that where I am from, the old mythology did not see ravens as harbringers of death. I am also truely drawn to the bird, people hate bringing me to a zoo because I just want to look at the ravens.

So for the dream then:

I lived in a house near a field and a forrest, a raven lives in the tree next to the house. The raven and me "play" together, meaning we play tricks on eachother. Ie hiding my keys, watersquirt trap for the raven and so on. There was a lot of laughter from both sides, we enjoyed eachothers company. After fun and games were over I sat down on the ground, the raven was flying around wildly then it came and settled near me.
It then went on to jump onto my lap, and wanted to be cuddled with. Much like your cat or dog would do.

And that is basically it, I can't understand the the relation to my waking life. There is preasure and tough times ahead, but I don't see how the reaven fits into all of this.

Any ideas?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: The playful raven
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 09:04:26 AM »
Sunchaser - A lovely and interesting dream, and I feel the dream is a reminder of your cultural and family heritage - a sort of heirloom that you have always had with you. Ravens remind you of this wonderful memory that is still a sort of unknown in you.

It is this heritage that you have treasured all your life, and it is ready to emerge more fully now. It is something that has been born in you and has great power in your life. It - the raven and what it indicates in you - has both a protective influence and one of far seeing. In other words it gives you warning and enables you to meet what opposes you in life. Intuition, for the bird part of you has a winged mind, which flies high and sees what is on the road to you before it confronts you. So use it to prepare. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/using-your-intuition-1/

Remember that dreams are often the language of the gods or God. As such they may seem like foreign language, but you need to click on them. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/clicking-on/ and particularly http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson - for there is a whole world of meaning and wonder to discover - maybe with a bit of practice.

You have links with an ancient past, with horizons far beyond today's worldview.

Tony

Sunchaser

• View Profile
Re: The playful raven
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 09:56:12 AM »
Thank you Tony for your reply as well as links that I am reading with my breakfast.

I will post one more dream later today, I had it 6 months ago but I remember it vividly to this day. Hope you won't mind too much.

Sunchaser