Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Recurring Dream of a house  (Read 4943 times)

wonderm

• View Profile
Recurring Dream of a house
« on: June 27, 2011, 05:07:39 AM »
Hello,

I am new to this forum and hopeful you could help me unlock the meaning of a recurring dream.  I keep dreaming of a house.  At first it was filled with people and I would always end up running out because my exhusband would start arguing and yelling at me (something we never did).  Anyway after much practice I was able to have the dream again only this time the house was filled with boxes and only my ex was there.  He asked me to sit down next to him on a bed and we had a wonderful long talk about our marriage and what went wrong.  I woke up feeling content that I had addressed the meaning of the dream and thought I was done with the house.

Last night I had yet another dream with a home only this time, I was sneaking into a friend's home who was out of town because I wanted to sleep there for the night.  In my dream I reasoned that I would wake up early before anyone arrived at the home.  I woke up in my dream to strangers entering the home.  It turns out I was in someone else's home other than my friend's home.  I explained to the couple the mistake, they hugged me and I walked away.  Next thing I know was I was buying a sleeping gown from a truck and I woke up.  I kept trying to make sense but feel confused about this dream.  Why do I keep dreaming of this house.  It is always warm and inviting.  I always feel safe and content when I am in there.

Any insight you could give me would be so greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Recurring Dream of a house
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 10:59:05 AM »
Wonderm – The first dream is the from out of which the second ream arose. The arguments in the first dream were you trying to sort out what had caused the break up, and the difficult feelings you had about it. Then you had a great heart to heart with your ex and that has freed you.

So then we move on to the second dream/theme. The freedom you found left you feeling how good it would be to sleep (with?) wherever you wished. But that wasn’t satisfying because you woke up/realised it wasn’t what you wanted. So it has left you confused.

I suggest that you have a heart to heat talk with yourself. Sit down and say what you feel and listen for the other voice in you to answer. You will recognise what part of you is answering – the confused, irritated, thoughtful, or even the BIG you who knows all about you. So go for the Big you.

Tony