Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Eyes watching me  (Read 5110 times)

anni

• View Profile
Eyes watching me
« on: October 24, 2012, 10:55:48 PM »
Hello Tony,
I own a copy of your book "Your Dream Interpreter" and have found it very helpful, but I can't seem to find anything in it that would explain the following dream.  My daughter has a recurring dream about being in complete darkness with several sets of eyes watching her.  It is very frightening for her.
Thanks very much for your assistance.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Eyes watching me
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 02:17:29 PM »
Anni - The many eyes has been a part of the Indian symbols for centuries. It suggests the awareness of God or at least the god part of your daughter looking at her.

It is natural for a young person to be frightened  when seen in that way because they are still forming their own identity, and such eyes are from a more universal view. Tell her that such dreams are much like computer games where one fights scary images but no harm can come to you. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/your-dreams-and-understanding-this-site/#Computer.

It sounds as if your daughter is slowly coming to terms with darkness. It might be good for her to imagine herself in the reverse position - she is the many eyes looking at the two eyes.

Tony