Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: travelling through dream  (Read 5267 times)

mikey

• View Profile
travelling through dream
« on: April 22, 2012, 12:19:43 PM »

hi tony,
i would be grateful for any light you could shed on this dream for me,
the dream.
travelling on foot through what was yugoslavia,(a place i must add , have never visited in real life,)
 i need to travel northwards to home,
i arrive in a very busy town,people milling about everywhere,
i have no idea where i am,nobody speaks my language,and i cannot speak theirs,
not knowing where i am,makes it difficult for me to work out which way i need to head,a crossroads of sorts,
not having a compass,i realise i need a map,
i enter a book shop,
i pick up a medieval looking bookmark,writing on it, similar to what  monks on lindisfarne may have written,
then i pick up a local map,
on looking at the map,i realise all i need to do is,
find out the name of the town i am in,by finding a sign with it on,
find  it on the map,then i will know where i am ,
next,find another town towards the north on the map,then find that town on the signs at the crossroads,and head in that direction,
all this ,without having to ask .
i remembered something joseph campbell once said , "myth is the map"
and i am wondering if this dream refs to putting trust in my own journey, and perhaps latent abilities  yet  to be recognised,
 look forward to your thoughts tony.
rgds mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: travelling through dream
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 01:29:44 PM »
Mikey – You are obviously having a confusing time, not knowing which direction of thought, or philosophy or what to do. This is a place we get to on the inner journey. It is a time when our old landmarks, thoughts and attitudes no longer apply and so we do not know what to trust. We do not have information so we do not know where to look.

But in your dream you move through that even though you cannot understand the language people speak. The dream says that you have a map, and if you do not have to do anything but watch for signs as they appear in your life. Such signs do not come until you need them and look for them.

When I was in a similar situation I dream that I was at a crossroad with seven roads leading of. For me the message was I could choose any direction. (There is such a place in London.)

Not having to ask suggests that you can trust your own journey. In a sense all roads lead you to meet yourself on the Way.

Tony
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 11:26:56 AM by Tony Crisp »

mikey

• View Profile
Re: travelling through dream
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 02:34:00 PM »
thanks tony for your insight,
after a few years of incredible experiences especially through dreams,which have left me in a sort of no mans wilderness,my previous beliefs being shattered,and quite rightly so,i am ok in this wilderness,as i sense i am not alone,it is the place of archetypal experience, a place i am coming to terms with,
i am glad as you say,i have the map, i feel i do have a map to follow now.
mikey