Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: fisher king & the giant fish dream  (Read 4964 times)

mikey

• View Profile
fisher king & the giant fish dream
« on: October 26, 2012, 12:13:33 PM »
hi,been bombarded with dreams recently,one in particular stands out as different as it felt more vivid,powerful etc,
the dream,
i am looking down from a balcony on what appears to be a tropical island,palm trees etc,
on the jetty i see a fisherman catch a huge silver fish,i run down with my camera ,jump into the water & wade waist deep across to the scene,
2 females,ask me my name,which i tell them,(felt  like a sort of test to pass ), they approve ,i am let through.
the giant fish turns out to be a silver dorado,(checked,no such fish,)
it is in a long trough,i ask the fisherman if he is going to release it back into the wild,even though it is a fish of a lifetime,if it were me,i would put it back,let it go.
he tells me that ,he will have a steak from it,but the rest will go to feed the locals who are hungry,i can see the reason behind his thinking,although morally i would be in dilemma about having to make such a decision,

i notice the fishermans  face is burned by the sun as a result of catching this fish,& is having healing,cooling ointment put on it,
i can see in  the dream an old myth ,that of tasting  the salmon of wisdom & getting burned,from the Celtic version,(bran i think.)which relates to the grail story,ie the fisherking,
i am familiar with the grail myths,especially the wound of the fisherking,this i have had myself,in the form of a mystical experience that was to big to handle ,been searching for it again ever since !.
look forward to any thoughts.
rgds mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: fisher king & the giant fish dream
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 02:53:41 PM »
Mikey - It sounds like the fish caught was El Dorado the golden promise. And also, although you are seeking the mystical experience again you already have it. The spirit never does the same thing twice. Perhaps you couldn't handle it consciously, but it hit you and you have it withing you. Let it grow.

The fisherman's face burned by the sun is you. After all it is your dream. You are all parts of the inner drama.

Dive into your dream and explore its riches.

Tony