Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Menacing logs  (Read 4378 times)

Pilbie

• View Profile
Menacing logs
« on: May 12, 2016, 03:27:12 AM »
This is a recurring dream I had for several years as a girl about 3 to 6 years old. It is the only one of several recurring dreams I've had in my life that I was never able to understand.

There is a very small room with a plain square wooden table in the middle of the floor. On the table is a translucent pink glass dish, and in the dish is a toothpick. I identify with that toothpick or it is me, I am not sure which. Around the perimeter of the room, instead of walls, there are large open shafts. There are very large logs shooting down the shafts at high speed. This happens over and over, and the size of the logs and their speed cause a tremor in the room. It is somehow menacing, and although they are not near enough to harm me I am afraid.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Menacing logs
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 10:22:16 AM »

Pilbie – The basics of the dream are that you were left alone without any adult support in a frightening situation.

The images are only a rough guide to what the dream means, it is the feelings that are important. So in dreams we tend to put pictures or images collected from everyday experiences to put an interpretation on our formless dreams. We do this because we tend to have an experience of the world based on our body senses, and our dreams and communications from them come from a very different environment, so we put in images and ideas we might understand. But as a young child your collection of images or things that are descriptive of your feelings would not be as extensive as an adult.

But the scene you describe sounds like a rather soulless factory. So to understand you recurring dream, forget the images, and imagine you are alone without support in a frightening situation. See if you can recall any times you felt like that and go backwards in memory until you hit the one or more incidents that the dream applies to.

Tony