Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Death of a grandchild  (Read 4142 times)

Karisma

• View Profile
Death of a grandchild
« on: November 01, 2015, 04:39:31 PM »
This is the second time I've dreamed of my toddler grand-baby accidentally dying in my care. This time she was running towards a long steep run of stairs when I grabbed hold of some sort of restraint on the back of her clothing telling her to turn around and descend in a backwards crawl. But the restraint broke free and she fell to her death as though falling out a window and at the bottom she appeared like a doll with a dismembered leg.  In my horror and grief I was devastated to realize my daughter would never forgive me for the loss of their first child/my only grandchild......Relieved it's only a dream but none-the-less tearfully disturbed by this and would gratefully appreciate your thoughts.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Death of a grandchild
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 09:06:32 AM »
Karisma – It is not only a dream, for you were feeling real emotions which arose from fears you have.

I feel from the dream that you are a caring and feeling woman. Your love and care for your grandchildren, which you must have felt for your own child(ren), can trigger your mothering instincts with a vengeance. Being female and a mother holds with it an enormously increased anxiety about those they care for. It is normal for a mother or grandmother to look for or imagine every possible danger her charges can fall foul of, and so see all manner of things that might be a threat, and I believe that is what such dreams show. Your imagination for such dangers is enormously increased. This is natural in all mothering mammals.

So your dream is a way of giving you an extra push to keep aware of any possible dangers your grandchild might get herself into. It often helps to imagine yourself back in the dream and replay it in imagination until you manage to hold the child securely. It is a way of learning to avoid such dangers.

Tony