Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: recurring mansion dream  (Read 5576 times)

miao

• View Profile
recurring mansion dream
« on: November 11, 2011, 02:42:29 AM »
Hi, I had this dream last night and I was hoping that I could get someone to interpret it.

I'm in my house. Except my house is a mansion. There are about 20 or 30 rooms in all. I decide to go up the stairs and explore, because I realise that I have never really been up the stairs before, it's like I have never really noticed them. I make my way up the carpeted stairs and come into a very dusty room. It is very grand and old and feels archaic and filled with lots of secrets. Suddenly the maid walks by, only she's not a normal maid... She has long black haggard hair surrounding her face and she walks along blindly. I am scared of her, but she doesn't do anything to threaten or harm me. I remember thinking "she must be in a good mood today".

Somewhere along the dream I remember coming into a bedroom, (I'm not sure if it's mine or someone else's), and a handsome bearded man approaches me. we start kissing but we both know it is forbidden, I think. I remember that he was covered in dirt like he had been working in the garden.

I continue to explore. I come to the uppermost room in the house, it is the oldest and the grandest, but it is all broken and dilapidated and I am afraid to walk on the floor because it creaks and bends like it can't take my weight. It has a palpable sense of history and importance. In my dream I know it as my grandmother's old bedroom. I can't remember much about it apart from the fact it was nearly falling down, and there are two large windows on either side of the room. I get really excited and I try to show someone (i can't remember who) what is outside those windows. We are on an island (an island we used to go on for family holidays) and we look outside the first window and I see rocky cliffs and the ocean. The sky looks grey and stormy. I try to tell the other person that out the other window we would see nothing but ocean and no land or cliffs or island, because we are on the southernmost landmass in the world. We turn around and I look out the window, and everything kind of falls away, and that is the end of the dream.

I've had other dreams about a dilapidated falling down mansion before. Once it was haunted and I was chased out of a room by ghosts. another time it was it was filled with majestic blue and white rooms, like you'd find in a castle, and I was trying to find a new room to sleep in.

main feelings throughout the dream: melancholy / yearning

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: recurring mansion dream
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 12:56:00 PM »
Miao – This is a grand and important dream. It shows you that you have a great potential because of all the rooms; these are your many directions you could go in and talents you could use. It is melancholic and full of yearning because you can see your possibilities and how you have neglected the highest part of you – the widest awareness.

Maybe you feel it is forbidden to kiss and love because of your past indoctrination. I say that because love is never forbidden when it springs from truth and not the lies some people live by. And it may be that this is in some way linked with the ‘oldest and grandest that is all broken and dilapidated.’ You realise even in the dream that you have a sense of history. In fact I usually call it the House of the Ancestors, for its secrets hold all of the history of your soul along with all that has brought you to this place in your life.

The time it was haunted is because memories haunt you. If you could know this house as it is really known you would be astounded as to what it holds. In fact, if you can use the faculties that you have allowed to be broken and dilapidated, you could make them new again. Try it by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-in-your-dream/

Tony