Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My dream is haunting me - while I'm awake!!  (Read 5459 times)

Star0318

• View Profile
My dream is haunting me - while I'm awake!!
« on: November 13, 2011, 06:06:30 PM »
The night before last I had a dream and I haven't been able to let it go, typically if I talk about a dream that has bothered me it goes away but not this one, the images won't leave my head.

The dream started with me in a very large walk in type shower, I was there with my Dad, brother and sister and Mom.  We were all fully clothed, my Mom was sitting on a chair and she looked horrible, and the feeling came to me that we were there to say good bye, she was dying.  I was crying as was the rest of my family but nothing was being said.  Then I flash to another room where I am sitting beside a metal table with a figure on it that is in a cocoon like blanket that is zipped up to the figures face with only the mouth, nose and eyes left open and it is my Grandmother, I am holding her hand through the blanket and she can't speak but I am crying and the feeling comes over me again that I am saying good bye.  The dream flashes back to the shower where my Mom is now holding my hand and apologizing to me, saying that she is so sorry that they are doing this to me, today - my birthday.  I keep telling her no it's ok, then her eyes go blank and her head falls forward.  I then flash back to the room with the metal table and there is someone there in a contamination suit and he is doing up the zipper on my grandmother, and I'm crying really hard, I was then all alone in a dark room, crying and screaming NO.  I woke up and was crying for real.  The dream shook me enough that I texted my Mom immediately to see if her and my Grandmother were ok, as my Grandma lives with my Mom, she assured me that all was fine. She advised me to wake up a bit and let the dream reside a bit and call her.  I did that and I told her about the dream hoping that talking it out would make me feel better, but it hasn't and for the last 36 hours it's all I can think about, the images keep coming into my head.  I was worried that I would relive the dream last night but I did not, in fact I cannot remember any dreams last night. I tend to put a lot of merit in what I dream and can usually analyze them into some form of understanding but I cannot rationalize this one, any type of assistance in interpretation would be much appreciated.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: My dream is haunting me - while I'm awake!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 11:01:11 AM »
Star – The way I see your dream comes from dealing with many such dreams over the years. And I see it as a way that you are meeting the reality if death, but with a strange attitude. What I mean is that in our culture we are all living in an artificial world that is dominated by a paradigm of materialism. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-paradigm/ to properly understand this.

Many people when someone dies are terribly shocked and even in your dream are crying. I believe that what happens is that many have never faced death. Every time they approach death they turn their head away. Yet everyone dies, yet it is still a terrible shock when a loved one dies. People have told me it is natural to do so, but having been there when my father, my mother and my best friend died I did not suffer lasting grief or felt haunted by the images of death.

But having faced death myself in reality and in dreams I found that death has a beautiful face once we tear away the awful mask we put on it. Death is naked beauty. It is a mask we put on it because we have been assured again and again that death is the end and all we see are the marks of illness or bodies torn apart by war. But I know from experience that death is an entrance into another life, a beautiful life without all the torments of the body. The life of the body is a classroom, often to learn difficult lessons. I could share my experiences but they would be just words, and try proving a thought or an experience to a person who knows nothing except their opinions. See the following because it shows that life goes on even though many do not have such an experience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF3KqGpxXvo&feature=related

But you had a double dose of death in your dream, and I believe it is to show you what it is like to live in the belief that death is the end and that saying goodbye is that – Goodbye for ever. Yet you are in reality are facing the death of your Grandmother and at some time your mother. They will certainly die at some time, so really cry as much as you can and get to the centre of where the grief comes from and move beyond it.

Tony