Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vivid dream of giving birth  (Read 8398 times)

snoopy24

• View Profile
Vivid dream of giving birth
« on: June 07, 2012, 03:19:39 AM »
I don’t think I knew I was pregnant at the beginning of the dream, but I was in my OB-GYN doctor's office and she examined me, and afterward I was walking around and was shocked when I realized I could feel a baby coming out of me.  I reached between my legs and could feel the top of the head crowning already.  I wasn’t in any pain, just confused and anxious that it was happening so fast.  Even though the birth was a surprise, it seemed like I knew exactly what to do.  I was in my parents’ house and laid down in a bathtub of water.  I was naked though I don’t remember taking my clothes off.  My mom came and sat next to the bathtub and my doctor stood in the water at the opposite end of the tub watching, though neither of them said anything to me.  With one push, the baby came out face down, and I reached down and lifted it onto my chest.  I remember thinking if I didn’t pick it up right away, it would drown.  The baby was a boy, healthy and chubby and didn’t cry.  I was overwhelmed with love and happiness as I cuddled him and tried several times to get him to nurse, which he did.  While he was nursing, I was thinking of what I was going to name him since I hadn’t been expecting him.  Although I didn’t decide, the name that popped into my head was Charlie.  The last thing I remember was wondering why they hadn't taken the baby away from me yet (to be weighed, checked, etc. as is typical in hospitals) and I was glad they didn't so he could stay with me.

I am not a mother yet in real life or even in a relationship at this time.  This dream was so vivid that I have had a hard time forgetting about it after several days.  I have spent some time reading the material on your site regarding dream babies and what they represent.  As silly as it sounds, whatever this "baby" in my waking life is, I want to make sure I nurture it.  I feel like the dream is significant or I would have forgotten it by now.

Beth

mikey

• View Profile
Re: Vivid dream of giving birth
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 11:26:05 AM »
hi,
giving birth ,bringing something into the world,
this could represent a new life, idea, project or relationship to something that requires nurturing as you would do with a real child,we even use the term ,thats my baby! to refer to a project that is underway,
perhaps you have had a creative idea for your life ,and this needs to be given attention,the fact the baby was healthy,etc may suggest the approval you need , to go ahead and do it,it all seems  possitive,
hope this is of use to you,
rgds mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Vivid dream of giving birth
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 10:12:37 AM »
Mikey summarises it well.

The only thing I would add is that you must not get your wonderful dream baby mixed up with the beliefs you have about having a physical baby. For instance all the stuff about weighing and testing. None of that is necessary in the inner world we know in dreams. As I said in http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/baby/#Giving birth -  A healthy woman is designed by nature to create a baby.  But it is also true that at the heart of a woman’s being is the power of creation, and that creation can go in any direction – a mother, an artist, a dancer, a poet, a social worker, or even a creator of stories.

So see this as an opportunity to explore the wonderful creative woman you are and the potential you have given birth to.

Tony
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:14:57 AM by Tony Crisp »