Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Previous Home Dreams  (Read 4003 times)

Jada_star

Previous Home Dreams
« on: January 16, 2016, 02:23:39 AM »
Hello I just had a dream about living in my old home I previously lived in. I went into my old bedroom and stared at my mom on my bed sleeping. She was chuckling pleasurably while she was sleep. I was wondering what she was smiling about. I went into my bathroom and stared at my shower curtain, it was burgundy colored. I looked around examining everything. My little sister came in and followed me. She looked in the other closet pulling out stuff (lotions, photos, clothes). Then I climbed on the counter and opened the cabinet, There was a door on top of my counter that I opened, that had access to all sorts of things like old hand soaps, old pictures, I was interested in seeing all these old things in my dream , with me not being in that house in 8 years . My old bathroom looked the same. There was perfume in the closet that I was pulling out also. I remember one bottles liquid being purple, I forgot the name of the brand. It was like a cabinet on top of the counter, and when I opened it if looked like some sort of big storage. I was just discovering items in the storage and pulling them out. Everything was just randomly packed next to each other. I was amazed at all these things kept in the storage. I pulled out old photos, they were photos of me and my mom dad and sister, and some of me when I was that age). I also remember pulling out some old hand soaps, Then I went into the kitchen and walked around and saw my dad in the living room watching tv. I went back into my bedroom. My mom had apparently woken up, and her friend (who's face I can't recall, she seemed irrelevant to me ) was pulling out old clothes from a bucket in my closet and looking at them. I went into my old closet and looked into a bucket at some shirts, and al my jeans. I pulled out a pair of jeans. My mom and her 'friend' were talking about going to the movies, so I was trying to find something to wear while going, and figure out what I was going to eat there. I’ve had recurring dreams every now and then about my old house since last year and a little before that and just wondering why? :-\ Thanks!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Previous Home Dreams
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 01:33:24 PM »
Jada – Well, quite a dream. To explain it you must understand how our mind works and it will hopefully explain your dream to you.

First if all, dreams deal with memories and associations. For instance, listening to someone speaking a foreign language that you don’t know can sound like a lot of gibberish sounds, but people have learnt to associate meaning to those absolutely alien sounds understand it. Yet when another person hears similar alien sounds, sounds that we have learnt to associate with, we understand them. The same goes for the scribbles we understand – but what do you make of this ถ้า เป็นครั้งแรก ที่ทุก ความฝันของ การจัดการ กับความทรงจำ และสมาคม?

I know, language is very strange by we take it for granted. Dreams are much the same, we use things we have unconsciously associated with emotions and information we need to know but may not have been aware of. So the strange images are actually words in our inner world dreams; but in a way nobody else knows exactly what you associate with dream images.

Your dreams of the house you lived in is an expression of all the memories, things you learnt, periods and struggles experienced in growing up there. So in real sense you have an inner house made up of your memories and experiences during you time there. Usually in a dream they may be presented as the synthesis of your experience, but in this dream you are going through a mass of past experiences, actually searching through memories.

The other people in your dream also represent your feelings about them portrayed in the dream images. You have an inner mother and sister for instance. Many people do not realise that they have an inner mother equally as powerful as an external mother. You have taken in millions of bit of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences along with all the feelings or problems met by loving and living with your mother, and they are a powerful influence in your early life. This is true even if your mother was never there for you – you still have all the memories of her not being there for you filed under ‘Mother’. The memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event.

The last part of the dream after experiencing all those memories and experiences, was to get ready to go out to the movies with mother and friend in friendly way.

You keep having dreams about the house because it was a huge part of your experience/memories, and such experience is a massive background to your living in the foreground. As we are always upgrading our mental software, you can see it as quick upgrades while dreaming. Please see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-house-in-your-dream/ - http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Summing - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Tony