Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dreaming everyday of being extremely angry  (Read 5619 times)

Al3xander

• View Profile
Dreaming everyday of being extremely angry
« on: April 09, 2013, 08:26:39 AM »
Hello dear people of this forum,

This is my first post so let me introduce myself first before moving on with my dreams. I am Alex, 26 from Greece and I decided to join the forum because I need to understand why my dreams are the way they are lately.

So, first of all I am one of those who dream vividly and remember their dreams and the first thing I do when I wake up is to analyse my dreams and search for answers. Lately, I have been having very intense dreams where I am with relatives or family members and they do or say something which makes me very angry and I explode and start shouting - screaming actually. Almost always after I have expressed my anger, I feel regretful and after a while I wake up anxious and very stressed. In my real life, I am suffering from chronic stress and feelings of inadequacy and inferiority because of my social anxiety disorder and I am also easily irritated.

So, I was wondering why my dreams have so suddenly changed into exhibitions of anger. I have read that dreaming of being angry signifies the release of suppressed emotions which we are unable or afraid to do so when we are awake, but I fail to identify what these emotions might be. A motif that I think I find common throughout most of these dreams is that my anger is caused when someone treats me as if I am a child. I used to be a very passive person, but I have learned to be assertive and open my mouth when I have something to say so I express myself when I need to. What I believe is that these emotions perhaps are from when I was a child and are now coming to the surface, but the truth is that whole situation makes me very anxious because mostly of the fact that my sleep has become very unsatisfying. It is also a stark contradiction, what I dream and what I am in my real life which I find extremely confusing.

Sorry for the length of my post. I am looking forward to reading your replies. Thank you!

Alexander

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dreaming everyday of being extremely angry
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 09:08:50 AM »
Alexander – You say “what I dream and what I am in my real life which I find extremely confusing”. But Alexander, the very statement is founded on confusion. Your personality, the conscious you, is only a tiny thing and what causes you to exist – Life – is enormous and is part of the cosmos.

You are partly male and partly female – we all are. We are partly a conscious being and also a huge unconscious being. When we sleep our senses switch off so we lose any awareness of our body. As such we are not male or female but simply awareness – huge and wonderful – you are anything and everything.

So your dreams of anger are a means of trying to make you more whole and not the frightened anxious person. I know this sounds strange, but I have tried to spell it out in http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/what-we-need-to-remember-about-us/#DualBeing

Tony

Al3xander

• View Profile
Re: Dreaming everyday of being extremely angry
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 10:12:38 AM »
Thank you, Tony. I will read the article and see how that relates to my dream.