Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: owl  (Read 5989 times)

stevec

• View Profile
owl
« on: April 07, 2012, 03:25:03 PM »
I have recently had numerous dreams of pools, ponds of water even inside houses.
Like in one dream there were ponds in each room and they were inviting and clear.
This morning after a three part dream - one in which my childhood home had been remodeled and was for sale.
I was standing in front of it and placed the sign in the yard.
Anyway to the owl:
I was standing in the doorway to my stone patio - it became a pool with medium sized fish in it. The water had a tungsten glow to it. Silver blue - green , as if it was softly lit from the bottom, a glow.
I saw an enormous white owl flying towards the pool. It was possibly five feel tall, white with a darker face and a human mouth. It dove in the water and caught a fish in an instant. The owl and I had eye contact at this point and it flew out of the water almost in slow motion and landed close by on a ledge and shook the water off and then noticed that a large fish net was about to fall in the pool and the owl very carefully picked up the net and placed it in a safe place and turned it back to me and ate the fish and I woke up.
The was I may add a full moon dream as well.
Thanks and good day,
Stephen

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: owl
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 11:37:11 AM »
Stephen – Quite a dream.

The pool is an amazing image in your dream, especially because of the coloured glow.  Don’t forget that dream images are an expression of functions and processes inside you. This dream is an example of that – “In my dream I was watching a fern grow. It was small but opened very rapidly. As I watched I became aware that the fern was an image representing a process occurring within myself, one I grew increasingly aware of as I watched. Then I was fully awake in my dream and realised that my dream, perhaps any dream, was an expression in images of actual events occurring unconsciously in myself. I felt enormous excitement, as if I were witnessing something of great importance”.

So the pool or pools depict the surface of your mind, and going into a pool shows you diving under the surface into what is usually unconscious – the dream world, the world of the dead, and the world of immense awareness.

And the owl is a wonderful matching image, as it shows your intuitive faculty diving into the pool and catching a fish – in fact pulling up from the unconscious a realisation of life and its meaning. So the fish may be the wisdom we have not yet brought to consciousness, regarding our personal journey in time and eternity.

I would certainly try to yourself dive into that pool of the collective unconscious to bring back treasures of realisation. Or try being integrated with the owl and fish. http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/

Tony

stevec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 10:24:43 PM »
Thanks Tony for the interpretation and observation. I read the  "acting on your dream" article and it was quite informative and challenging. I look at dreams as signs and symbols for the most part and I shall open the portal to other ways of seeing. But it is in a way the same thing but how we place our-self, our spirit in a situation such as a dream. We already have entered it as it is a part of self - if not an unrecognized fathom of being and to take it furthur is the course to expolre.
I saw the catching of the fish as an accomplishment of a goal, if you will. The owl then got back to tidying up, normal, which is what I would do and do in routine, I am tidy. So I see the Owl as me now - where I did not before.
But the melding of the conscious and the unconscious is glaring at me I think...in my dream world. Consciousness drives the universe.

I felt this dream was about action and result...as it applies to what I am working on in my life spiritually and practically.
Regards,
S

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 02:12:21 PM »
Stevec - Thanks for commenting. I think if you can get into the role of the different images you will find an immense world opens to you.

I often read 'science magazines, and am very enlightened to see that in fact they are saying over and over that when we think WE have made a decision it happens unconsciously before ever getting to the conscious. However, I feel the unconscious is the larger part of me, and I find that my conscious thoughts of analysis when working in harmony are wonderful.

Tony