Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: malinois dog dream  (Read 5473 times)

kivasmom

• View Profile
malinois dog dream
« on: April 09, 2016, 11:18:40 PM »
I am in a very stressful situation with a hostile exroommate.  I say tis because i think its part of why i had this dream last night.

i dreamt I was in a room iin building surrounded by water, water coming up to doors.  I saw my dog a beautilful gentle soul trapped in a room withh a dog that was a huge hostile belgian malinois who was holding my dog captive ((mmy dog in dream is waiting for me over the rainbow bridge but he often comes to me in dreams)  i saw the belgian dog bite my dog on top of head as warning gather his skin & fur in his mouth and I heard my dog whimper.

I used a chair to hold the belgian still by putting opening between back & seat of metal chair around belgians nec and a fixed object.

I remember I was surprised that the belgian didn't' break free or fight it more. 

I did look up chair meaning, and neck but not making sense of it.  feeling in dream was deep hurt to hear my dog whimper.  (there is 2nd elderly room mate in situation which is why I didn't' run off 2nd day i was in building)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: malinois dog dream
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 09:02:02 AM »
Kivasmum – Every image and action in a dream is an important part of a story you are telling your self – for some reason. Everything has to be seen in context with every part of the dream. To give an example, a while ago I wrote but left out a bit – “Many had tried to make it through the briar hedge but none had succeeded and many had been caught in it and died.”

Without knowing the full story, you cannot understand the part about being caught in the briars and what it represents. The story is The Sleeping Beauty, the young men who died in the briars where seeking a way through to the Sleeping Beauty. The briars represent the hurts and pain many cannot face and their attempts die, so they cannot get through to their own wholeness.

Your chair was used as a defensive weapon and a trap. The neck was therefore restricted as described. If you take the context of what you describe you will arrive at understanding. But you didn’t mention looking up dog, and also what you associate with Belgium or a Belgium Malinois – See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/association-of-ideas-with-dreams/#Working

Also you have a dog part of you built into your brain – So your dream of two dogs represents two different instincts that are part of your nature. To quote from http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/ “Like any mammal, a horse for instance, can be scared and bolt, creating havoc, especially when such feelings explode in the human mind. But we have as part of our instinctive nature many sides to our mammalian brain. It can express as loving behaviour, defensive and protective, or downright aggressive – as dogs are often expressed in our dreams.”

So your dream shows an inner conflict that is quite instinctive, so you may not be fully aware of how it influences you and your behaviour. It might therefore be behind the difficulty with the ex-roommate. The two sides of you, you describe as almost a fairy tale attitude with your loving dog - but you trap/repress that aggressive side of your nature. A pity because without some fire in your life you could become trapped by someone who, seeing your weakness, acts the part to take advantage of you.

The dog whimpering shows how your idealistic self can be emotionally hurt in any conflict. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-archetype-of-the-shadow/

Tony

kivasmom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 02:52:05 PM »
WOW I think you absolutely nailed it Tony.  I have been afraid of making things worse by aggressively defending myself not physically necessarily but....

this has been an issue many times past few years I come across as vulnerable and get taken advantage of.  I suspect you are correct thats why evicted room mate targeted me.  I did speak up to him telling him to leave me alone or I would file charges.  I do think it caught him off guard when he was forced out.

I will take more steps to defend & stand up for myself, and retrain myself to be the strong female I know myself to be.  (strong but compassionate and diplomatic/courteous whhen possible*)

thank you so much your interpretation was stunning it was so spot on, I suspect thats why this came into my life it was a lesson for me to learn.  god bless you.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 09:58:50 AM »
Kivasmum - Thanks for your feedback.

Remember you have both well developed - the strong female you are, with compassion, and also the powerful protective, aggressive get things done and making a change you.

If you can accept that you have a huge but unexpressed self, you can also probably accept that you have a latent potential, it is beginning to show in your dream - the openness to allow more of you - the aggressive side. You can think of this as your future self, the self we can become by developing.

Your future self, which is like a baby, which parents can see can grow in the future into a mature woman or man, has similar promise.

And thank you for the blessing.

Tony
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 10:02:18 AM by Tony Crisp »