Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Serpents Everywhere!  (Read 5515 times)

Slithering

• View Profile
Serpents Everywhere!
« on: October 10, 2012, 06:37:15 PM »
Hi all, I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to interpret my dream for me.
Some of my friends take psychology and the best they can do is tell me to g"et laid, the snake is a phallic symbol."

I was in a clearing with grass and in the grass were many, many snakes. The snakes were all differently coloured and rather small, and somehow I knew they were all vipers/adders, none are cobras nor constrictive snakes. The snakes and I were on friendly terms and we walked together, to where, I do not know. There was one snake on my shoulder and I was conversing with it. The snake was green. Suddenly, the snake attacked and made to bite me (in the face), but I was holding it back by grabbing behind its neck. However, it was rather strong and it took all my strength to keep it from sinking its fangs into me. After a struggle, the snake managed to bite me on the arm (a venomous and painful, but non-lethal bite) and I strangled it to death at the same time. There was no reaction amongst the other snakes and we continued to walk through the clearing, same as before. Gradually, another snake climbed up my arm and onto my shoulder.

………Help? This isn't the first time I have dreamt about snakes, recently there was something involving another serpent, larger and black, baring its fangs in my face as I tried to hold it off.

If anyone can help, I would be very greatful! :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:43:55 PM by Slithering »

mikey

• View Profile
Re: Serpents Everywhere!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 01:49:23 PM »
hi,
sure the snake can be a phallic symbol,but it is also a healing symbol,and a psychic one .so may be worth looking at from this perspective,
what came to my mind though was the phrase,"a snake in the grass",meaning a hidden enemy,may refer to someone or something  you trust, or have trusted in the past that  lulled you into a false sense of security,then turned against you,
we should all be on good terms with our inner animal symbols,and if they turn against us ,this is a sign that something is out of balance,
it may well be that it does refer to the sexual aspects,as snakes can represent these instinctive drives,
just a few things to think about,
a lot will depend on your gender,age etc,and to me the most important thing,what the dream is a response to,
hope this helps kick start something for you.
rgds mikey.

Slithering

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 05:04:45 PM »
Hi Mikey,
Yes, indeed, my dream literally was composed of "snakes in the grass", however, I don't think the grass was really all that important, because the snakes were very visible (it was more like walking in a sea of snakes… without stepping on anyone, of course!  ;D ), and that sort of defeats that imagery.  ???

But on the flip side, the snake biting me wasn't very pleasant, and I did used to be on semi friendly terms with it, so I really don't know.  ???

Thanks for the response, anyhow!

synergy1971

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 01:08:19 AM »
I used to have dreams about snakes in the trees. Snakes are an amazing creature regardless of some of the symbology that is associated with them. I would suggest researching snakes, learn about the symbolic meaning and how it relates to you. Maybe there is something you can learn from the snake bites and the snakes themselves that this dream is trying to show you.

peace,
Angie