Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: crossroads & god,  (Read 7632 times)

mikey

• View Profile
crossroads & god,
« on: December 10, 2013, 02:56:20 PM »
hi,
I have found a slight similarity with the lady in red dream I posted a while back,especially the long straight road,with this dream,
I am sat on a bench ,similar to the ones you find in a park area,it is placed at a t junction,road to my left & to my left,then one straight ahead infront of me,
I sense the presence of something ,sure enough I hear an angel speak,it says to me,
god is very near now,showing me a vision of uniting with god as one,an amazing dream.

I can feel myself cringing at the vary use of the word god etc ,something I gave up a long time ago.
look forward to any thoughts.
rgds mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: crossroads & god,
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 01:32:03 PM »
Mikey - Hello old friend.

Well here you are at the meeting. Yes, God is a strange word we have that means a lot of things to different people. We have been programmed, even tortured into believing, for hundreds of years, in a 'God' that is outside and distinct from us; a God we could never, never, be good enough to even approach except through the church and on our knees. But God/Life/Universe is the very core of our existence - we are it. It is all very clear in the Bible - created in the image of God.

The church is an organisation of many members - like any body made of many cells it has an instinctive urge to protect itself. Think about it.

As for you and I and any living thing I see it like an electric bulb. The bulb and the light is not the electricity - electricity is invisible, only its effects are visible. You, the real you is invisible, and most of us see the visible, the body of the ‘bulb’ as the real them, the ‘me’ that they call themselves. A living being is a MIRACLE – if we cannot see that we are blind the wonder of Life. Every living creature is a fucking miracle!

You are Life – the creation of Life/God/Universe. Feel it with wonder and you are in touch with the God that you are.

I laugh and cry with the wonder of it – It’s Christmas -  :D

Tony
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 10:10:09 AM by Tony Crisp »

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 10:27:57 AM »
thanks tony,
I admire your passion !
a passion born out of experience, awe & wonder,

finally, the hero finds the great book at the centre of the mythological round,on opening it,he bursts into joyful laughter at the realization he is looking at himself on a mirrored page.
merry xmas to you,
mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 09:11:03 AM »
Mikey - I experienced a powerful subjective imagery of standing before large heavy curtains. It was like dreaming while awake. I moved to the curtains and pulled them apart. This revealed the immensity of a clear night sky, filled with brilliant stars. As I looked at this natural splendour, a star fell to earth, leaving me with a sense that something wonderful had happened that I must go in search of. As occurs in dreams, there was a sudden shift, and I was a herder of flocks, a shepherd, looking for the star that had come to earth. Others were searching too, and when we found what we were looking for, I was astonished to discover it was a baby.

I was not in any way asleep, or in a trance. My evaluative rational self was keenly observing all that happened, but not interfering. Nevertheless, profoundly felt imagery and feelings flooded my awareness. I realised I was experiencing the New Testament story of the birth. But this did not seem to interfere with the flow of what poured into my feelings. My whole body felt the wonder of the baby and I fell to my knees before it. I knew as if intuitively, that all the cosmos had somehow come alive as this helpless vulnerable child. I was so overwhelmed, all I could say over and over, between sobbing cries was, ‘A baby’ – ‘A baby.’

The flowing emotions and the opened intuitive sense informed me that what I knelt before in tears was not a particular child. It was every baby ever born. For the first time I had been allowed to experience the enormity of birth, the holiness of every baby.

Tony

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 10:58:32 AM »
tony,
to me, personal experience of the  divine nature  , IS what matters most,not what someone else tells you it is,
your experience is exactly what i am talking about,
that relocation of the centre of gravity in onself to another is a profound moment,
i think about the time we all thought that the earth was the centre of the universe,& everything revolved around it,we know now that is just not true, a good analogy for that inner realization !.

thank you for sharing your experience with us,
it has  given me faith that perhaps, i am not going mad after all .
mikey.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 09:20:09 AM »

:D