Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: the dragon ,that huge that we are.  (Read 5799 times)

mikey

• View Profile
the dragon ,that huge that we are.
« on: November 10, 2014, 11:00:26 AM »
hi tony,not been here for a while,
i had this powerful dream which i feel compelled to mention ,
the dream,
i am on a quest,trekking across a great wilderness,i remember walking through a swamp like area,then finding an inflateable kayak,which needed to be inflated a little,this i did by blowing hard into it,
i become aware,as i am sat around the campfire on resting for the night,of the presence of a black dragon that has been summoned into our world by dark forces,
i find myself travelling out of my body and into the body of a great dragon that is being held prisoner in a tiny claustraphobic cage in a fortress,feeling all the constraints of this dragon,i bellow out i will not be contained anymore,breaking out with a feeling of tremendous freedom & relief,i know my purpose is to take on & defeat the dark dragon running riot in the world,
i felt elated & terrified at the same time,with the knowledge that i am in the presence of an almighty power,
i remembered thinking,that to defeat a dragon one must become the dragon,
phew !
an amazing mythological dream,
any thoughts ?
regards mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: the dragon ,that huge that we are.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 01:37:59 PM »
Mikey - Another great dream and progress.

A fascinating dream showing the sort of crazy situations we get into with our self. You must have read the entry on Dragon, so you know it is your own unconscious instincts you are up against. Also it is interesting that you had to blow up the kayak. This is known in yoga as bhastrika breathing - like a bellows - and is a way of loosening up your psyche allowing you to be and meet the great dragon.

I think the best I can do is to suggest you read - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/integration-meeting-oneself/   

It is a long read covering different angles of what you are dealing with, but hope it helps. By the way I have suggested certain things to do, but they are not necessary if you understand the message.

Tony

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 11:43:42 PM »
Thanks tony, read the section you suggested, a lot to take in,
the breath aspect you mention supprised me, would never have guessed the yoga connection, goes to show the universal symbology at work,as yoga has never really called to me.
I was struck by the section of the dragon entry, namely becoming , putting oneself into the thing in question to understand the emotions etc, I did this in the dream  becoming & feeling how the dragon felt, there is no way it will be contained, I remember jung once said, everything that is unconscious is destined to become conscious, perhaps the treasure, is the dragon.
regards mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 09:55:16 AM »
Mikey - You know the way you are on - and as you said, whatever is unconscious is your destiny to realise consciously. (Well with a little rewriting).  :)

Tony