Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My mothers dream Tony for your help - thanks patie  (Read 4916 times)

Patie

• View Profile
My mothers dream Tony for your help - thanks patie
« on: January 04, 2014, 10:58:20 AM »
early morning dream 4-1-2014
i am woman in mid sixties
the dream has all male components.
dream 
a young man doing research on why some doctors  do not  put themselves forward to become famous.
a doctor came to be interviewed, intelligent, competent . he had thick red hair but he had a portruding forehead.
he brought in a patient he was working on, a young man in mabye mid twenties who had suffered severe burns, was mentally alert but physically immobilised from whatever happened to him.
helpers helped him in to a swimming  pool. a particular helper looked at him and without speaking his facial expression asked are you ok. the young man in the pool was looking at him as if to answer, then turned to the right and sank under the water, the water seemed to close above him. in great fright in the dream i realised he had drowned in front of us all.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: My mothers dream Tony for your help - thanks patie
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 09:19:56 AM »
Patie - I wonder whether have read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#Summing. It points out that nothing can harm anyone in a dream, and even frightening images are given to get your attention or to meet fears and feelings.

If seen in that light your dream starts with the difficult situations doctors face about death. I is usual for them to attempt to prolong life even when the person is ready to die. I am not talking about suicide.

It seems that you have had a very bad experience at some time in your life that carries so much pain that you wise that part of you would die. Thus the young man who sinks to his death represent an active outgoing part of you, or a personal experience seeing someone in such pain.

I am not sure why you feel frightened at the prospect of death. It is only like the sleep from which we do not wake. Usually the fear comes from fearing losing oneself or of losing control. I would suggest you try being the young man and watch what you feel and experience. Try http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Tony