Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: watching my young son fall to his death  (Read 4631 times)

rdefee

• View Profile
watching my young son fall to his death
« on: March 08, 2012, 10:51:46 AM »
I feel I need to start by saying I rarely remember having a dream, much less remember what the dream was.  In my dream my wife and I were in another city, it felt like a collage campus.  We were visiting our 7 year old son who was going to school there. We were walking towards a dorm and able to see him waving at us from his window near the top of the building.  We watched as he leaned out of the window and then lost his balance.  I watched him fall, but was able to be caught/stopped from falling by something.  I don't recall what saved him.  I don't know if the timeline was another day or the same day but his mother and I were once again walking towards the dorm when he opened his window and was waiving.  This time he fell out head first and nothing was there to save him. I was unable to see him hit the ground because of a building that was between us.  It took what felt like forever to get to the base of the building where a large crowd had gathered.  I remember getting very upset and angry while trying to get to my son.  I did something to a person in the crowd and I said I'm sorry, I'm his dad and pushed on.  Once we got to the spot where my son should have been he was not there.  I asked someone where he was and they replied "it doesn't matter where he is". I took it to mean he was dead and his body had been removed already.  At this point I awoke.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: watching my young son fall to his death
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 09:56:48 AM »
Rdefee – I believe your dream is about loss, but not due to death. I have four boys and I lost each one but not to death. As each one became independent I felt the loss such as you dreamt of. And the last one was an agony because with one left I still had a son. But with that one gone I couldn’t sit still and had to walk up and down the street with it until I had found peace.

From the description of your dream it does sound as if it is the beginning of yours son’s move to independence. Some others dream of their son dying or falling off a bridge when that happens. So rest assured that it is only a painful time and you and your son will survive.

The thing about him not being there is a way of saying he has gone, he has died to his old dependency and has a new life.

Tony