Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chasing  (Read 5792 times)

Rain_Dancer

• View Profile
Chasing
« on: April 13, 2013, 06:29:13 PM »
I am in a large building.  I hear a man I have strong feelings for calling for me, he is singing and calling for me and calling me by my first name, Beloved, (I usually go by my middle name).
I am running up a flight of blue stairs, into a dead end corridor, I turn around immediately and head for another flight of stairs, this time going down, seeing a new way I hadn't seen before.  I feel appreciation for the sturdiness of the blue wooden handrails.
I arrive in an open room, where C is.
It is a showroom, wide and expansive.
I see an antique car, like something from the 20's, with no top.  C is in it, facing away from me.  The car is cordoned off with a velvet rope, open at one side, there are 3 other women in the car, about to have sex with him.
I run away, into another area, where there are 2 guys sleeping.
The scene shifts and one of the guys wakes up and tells me C already left for another city.
I feel horrible, as I realize he didn't come to see ME, it was just convenient for him on his way through.

~~~
So, at first I went back into the dream to see better what was going on.  I imagined different scenarios, where he followed me down and I told him how I felt and he comforted me, or just left.

What I am noticing is, that I wouldn't allow myself to hear the whole conversation when he started to say something I didn't want to be true.

I wondered whether, this is the reality of the situation with him?  Is this a message that I am only a passing convenience to him?  Or is that my fear? 

In typing this up, I realize I didn't explore the option of just getting in the car with him, or calling him over to me - I mean, he was singing to me and calling me - I saw him with other women and made some assumptions.

In my ideal scenario, he would be coming to me.  In waking life, he calls me a magnet and talks about how he feels magnetized to me, so why am I dreaming about answering his song?  I am believing that is somehow wrong, or off...I am the woman, he should be answering my song or something. 

I'm at a point in my life where I am seeing how I cut myself off from what I want most by making up stories about men and their motives, so I would love some help with this.  I noticed that when I feel insecure is when thoughts of 'cutting people off' and stories of how they don't really care about me or they are just that way or whatever come up, instead of just asking for what I want and need.  I can see how I felt insecure, seeing him in a car, with other women, I felt insecure and ran off.

Okay, that opens up other possibilities in my mind...
I'd still so very much love to hear what you say, this is a topic that is very important to me - love and relationships with men...

Rain_Dancer

• View Profile
Re: Chasing
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 06:33:35 PM »
Maybe chasing isn't the right title - I didn't feel like I was chasing, I just heard him singing to me and calling to me and I loved hearing him and his song so much I just wanted to go to him.

Now I'm thinking of past relationships - where I gave so much, and judged myself harshly for 'chasing', but the truth is, I just loved these men so much, I wanted to please them.  Maybe it wasn't the wrong thing to do.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Chasing
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 01:36:14 PM »
Rain Dancer – Thank you for writing out your dream so well, it helps tremendously.

The first thing that struck me was all the things you were carrying into you dream. Things like ‘ wouldn't allow myself to hear the whole conversation’ – ‘made some assumptions’ ‘I am the woman, he should be answering my song or something’ another assumption; ‘making up stories about men and their motives’ – ‘I felt insecure, seeing him in a car, with other women, I felt insecure and ran of’.

To quote from http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/what-we-need-to-remember-about-us/#Bring

“Something that is obvious as you watch not only your own dreams, but other people’s, is that that we take into our sleep and dreams all the fears, terrors, sexual questions and longings, as well as all our speculations and beliefs. The problem is that we take into our dreams all the preoccupations of having a body and a gender. Such a separation between ones basic life urges and our conscious personality leads to tension and neurosis. Such splits in our nature put us at odds with ourselves. Most ancient cultures were certain that they were shape shifters and were spiritual beings.

Yet there is something that almost everybody brings into their dreams – their image of their body. Yet when we sleep and dream all our physical senses are switched off, and fundamentally we do not have a body but are just consciousness.

Of course we have a wonderful body, and it needs to be cared for, its urges and needs. But if we think of it all as ‘us’ I think it might lead us a merry dance.

Tony