Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Injured Monkey riding a Dog  (Read 4308 times)

Blueinmo

• View Profile
Injured Monkey riding a Dog
« on: November 29, 2015, 03:51:43 PM »
The first time I had the dream just a few days ago I saw a monkey riding a Great Dane but when I went outside they were gone.  The monkey was holding onto the dog like we see baby monkey's holding onto their mothers back.

Today, the second dream, I looked out my window and saw the monkey riding the Great Dane standing at my gate.  I ran outside and unlocked my gate.  I picked the monkey (Capuchin) up in my arms because he had a small bloody spot on his back.  The dog growled for just a few seconds.  When I told the dog I was going to help the monkey he stopped growling.  Come dog I said and he followed me into my house, then I woke up.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Injured Monkey riding a Dog
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 09:21:18 AM »
Blueinmo – Well, you certainly have the hang of communicating with your animal self.

We all have an animal built into our brain. It is called the Mammalian brain and exist within the Human ‘brain’. MacLean likened to the skills shown in mammals such as wild dogs and apes. Whereas the lizard brain - which we also have - do not demonstrate mutual activity in hunting or caring for young, the mammal brain gives enormous awareness of bonding, caring for young, group activity, hierarchy and recognition of family and pack. They also have a much bigger pool of behavioural responses and can learn even more. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/

Dreams show us what is happening in these levels of our inner life; something we are usually not aware of. The dream repeated because it was important, and the dog is representing a caring, cooperating and protecting quality you have.

Because as human beings we are still emerging from our animal instinctive back ground – think of our constant wars and grabbing for advantages – the monkey probably represents a part of your inner nature that is trying to grow towards being more human. But you can find out for yourself by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

It seems that the monkey needs your help, which you can do when using ‘beingperson’. Anything you can visualise can work.  Imagination seems to be a combination of many mental functions with the factor thrown in of the intuitive discovery of the unknown. Its activity is conditioned by our ability to be receptive, and, as far as possible, in temporarily putting aside our morals, preconceived ideas, fears and desires for self. If used correctly though, some dreams will release their meaning to almost anybody. Having said that, let us use the technique itself. Let us slowly delve into the strange inner realm disclosed to us.

Tony