Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mowing a lawn that keeps moving  (Read 4529 times)

Qathe

• View Profile
Mowing a lawn that keeps moving
« on: November 04, 2013, 09:40:22 PM »
Hi all, newish here. I had a rather puzzling dream recently. I dreamt first that I had gone into business with one of my roommates. I'm not sure what sort of business, but we had a storefront office in a shopping center (not one I recognized). I went out to mow a lawn right in the middle of the shopping center, kind of an odd place for it to be. It was a push-mower, and the grass was green, not very overgrown, just needing a trim. :) I kept getting interrupted and ever time I went back to mow this big square of lawn, it had moved. To one side of the shopping center, then the other. I went into one of our neighbors' offices at the shopping center at one point, a tax preparer's office, just to chat. My stomach started growling very loudly at one point, so I apologized and stepped out. The other interruptions, I don't remember. Dark clouds were in the sky at one point, the rest of the time it was sunny in my dream. It just bugged me that I couldn't get finished with the lawn.

I'm not in business with that roommate and doubt we would be. I think I understand the meaning of the bit in the tax preparer's office, in that there have been some financial troubles that have been "hard to digest." :) Not specifically re taxes, but job loss.

Seems to be a lot of different meanings in dream dictionaries of whether dreaming of mowing the lawn is good or bad.

Thanks, to anyone who tries to interpret!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Mowing a lawn that keeps moving
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 09:17:34 AM »
Qathe – It is not about good or bad – those are only human judgements about life experience. Those definitions come from cheap dictionaries that were all about good or bad luck. Fortunately the human mind can stretch far beyond feelings of luck or bad luck.

A lawn is something that continually grows and needs attention. So it can relate to feelings that constantly need attention. The fact that it keeps moving suggests that what is worrying you is something that not only ‘moves’ you but you cannot keep track of your feelings and thoughts – but it also suggests that you need to keep your thoughts feelings in order, otherwise they will rule you. See http://dreamhawk.com/news/avoiding-being-my-own-victim/

The growling stomach is another sign of how your anxiety if influencing you. Changing the way you feel can change the events that follow. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/emotions-and-mood-in-dreams/

Tony