Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Out of Control  (Read 5016 times)

Aristocrates

• View Profile
Out of Control
« on: June 05, 2012, 06:49:55 AM »
So, I had a dream last night I was in like a charter bus riding down a busy street.  I believe my sister was driving and my twin brother and little brother and maybe someone else were passengers.  Anyways, something began to go amiss.  I took the wheel from my sister and it only got worse from there.  I remember being very disoriented.  When I woke up I thought why would I have taken the wheel in such a state.  I mean I wanted to steer us out of trouble but I didn't know which way us up.  Total panic overcame everyone and it seemed everyone began to reluctantly accept their impending doom and there was no blaming.  The fear was real and it seemed that just before collision I woke up.

I wondered to myself if this was a dream about my fear of taking a leadership role or the reluctance to take ownership of my life.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Out of Control
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 09:15:16 AM »
Aristocrates – I think you are right. It is very scary to take responsibility for what you do, say, or even think. I have a long history going back generations of keeping my head down. I had a string of dreams when I started standing up.

So I think a good thing to do is get used to the panic. What I mean is that when I started a new venture which was me going it alone, I dreamt of watching young people diving of a diving board onto a bare wooden floor. It felt horrific to see it. When I imagined myself doing it I realised that it was about the fear of falling flat on my back – failure. So I imagined it lots of times and got used to the feeling, and realised that no harm came from it, just feelings.

Tony