Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Serial Killer Nightmare  (Read 4961 times)

indentation

• View Profile
Serial Killer Nightmare
« on: September 26, 2014, 05:54:42 PM »
Hi guys! This one is a bit long but and I tried to dissect it a little myself. Not sure I did a very good a job as I don't remember it all, although the beginning I'm not so concerned with as the end.

We were in an old, open, light tan building. There was something about the end of it. With me was an ex-roommate of mine who in the waking life I never wish to see again. In this dream we were back together and getting along. I then realized how strange this was and confronted her on the things she had done, getting so upset I could not speak. She answered me in a superior and detached way that she had been scared and that's why she had done it. I was shocked and dismayed by her reaction but could only tell her if it happened again I would call the police.

Anyway, I'm not sure if that part of the dream bled into something else, but there was some sort of story that came from it and this is what I'm most concerned about:

There was a boy (possibly young man) who needed to go to the end of the building we were in. He was a serial killer and the police were after him. The ex-roommate of mine showed me a note the police had left and somehow through it I saw what they were planning, a woman saying: "I told him to torture them when he finds them, no quick deaths. [I told him] If we don't get him tonight it's our bad [because we're making sure he doesn't kill them quickly and run off from the crime scene; we'll be expecting him and catch him before he can get to them]." and then the woman said the guy didn't say anything, was just listening to the sound of her voice so he'd know who she was and kill her later for her ruthlessness. She was creeped out and a bit disgusted.

Very intricate, no? Anyway, somehow us being used as guinea pigs was all my fault, but I don't remember how, only that my ex-roommate was angry with me as we rushed into a room to hide. Once there, we felt him. I think the dream changed here a little because the girl no longer really felt like the character I've been mentioning but someone whom I had to protect. I held her in my arms to my chest and we both faced the door. She whimpered and closed her eyes as the figure got closer, biting my hand to muffle the screams. Trying to back us farther back, I was inexplicably standing on black, wrapping-like paper, and so alerted the thing towards us.

It was then that the door became transparent, I could see it's horrible little face. The moment I registered it, the face turned into a distorted, doll-like little girl, very ominous with brown, short ringlets. The background was black as was most of the figure, although I think there was also some white. There was no sound. This image darted across my vision for a few moments and then the present and sound returned, the awful face where the black/white one had been. Horrified, I started to become combative and bit into the throat of the girl I was holding, my eyes were on the figure's, and I began sticking my tongue out at the thing. As this was happening, I realized in my aggression I was nearing the door and would involuntarily open it if I continued. I immediately stopped and returned to myself. I thought "just clear your head" and closed my eyes to start, that awful thing looking at me as I did so. Immediately I woke up and realized terrible music had been playing in the background, egging everything on.

So as I said I was trying to dissect this and tried acting as the thing that was coming to get me. Some of the things I noticed was that I was smaller than I thought. This coupled with the fact that I needed my victims to, in a sense, kill themselves, and only kill in a sense that if they fell for it they deserved it. This all together made me think perhaps I feel small and need to feel self-righteous by attacking those who throw the first punch?

I can't help thinking I'm not getting the full picture. I know the door can be a symbol for a boundary and another interpretation with the combativeness would be having to put on a front as to protect the self from harm. I get confused with archetypes but obviously there was a lot of that going on. The girl I was protecting could have been myself and did not want to see what was happening, etc. I don't know, I can't find the significance with it all.

Is it possible for dreams to have more than one meaning? Thank you all for your time.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 06:21:36 PM by indentation »

indentation

• View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 05:57:51 PM »
Things I forgot to mention that could be helpful:
1) I'm female
2) The 'killer is after me' dream is a recurring theme. Usually it's Voldemort, I kid you not.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Serial Killer Nightmare
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 12:01:52 PM »
Indentation - I don’t think there can be more than one meaning - but of course there can be many interpretations. I have a seen many people using the peer dream method suddenly burst into deep crying and shouting, “I know what my dream is about”. It is usually when they get beyond reasoning and thinking that they really touch the depths of their dream and they deeply feel it emotionally.

There is a lot of unexpressed emotion in your dream, and thank you for acting out being the thing. What you said about it being smaller than you thought gave me a clue to its meaning. As a baby and young child we often feel so bad about what has been or is being done to us that we feel murderous rage - this can cause such dreams as yours.

When I found her in the hotel shop nonchalantly browsing I felt like hell. But I recognised the feeling. It was the murderous rage I had felt when I was suddenly abandoned by my mother.

Trauma in childhood can often lead to murderous rage encapsulated in the unconscious, and only appearing in some dreams.

The beginning of the dream may - I am guessing - be in some way a reminder of the original awful feeling the child/baby you met to make it want to kill. It is certainly a dream with very strong emotional feelings that will take a while to make conscious. But if you act out the ‘thing’ again and ask yourself is this me at some earlier age, you might take another step toward knowing.

Voldemort is a child’s fantasy of meeting death, and is conquered when the child in us gradually faces all its hidden horror started in early childhood and masters their fears. Meanwhile such fears parade in our dreams in awful shapes shown us in past historical images or in modern media. You are facing the fear of death. I faced it by being born two months early unable to properly digest food or to breathe easily. It is a necessary part of achieving adulthood.

Tony