Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Airports, airplanes and missed flights  (Read 4092 times)

miquenx

• View Profile
Airports, airplanes and missed flights
« on: August 13, 2016, 03:03:30 PM »
Hello, it is my first time here.

I had a very vivid dream where I physically also felt a lot of anxiety last night.

I was booked to attend a conference (flight and everything booked), but last minute, I decided to cancel. The day of the flight, I accompanied my friend to the airport, and I suddenly regretted my decision. I tried to get on the same flight but the lady told me she would have to transfer me to the next flight. I accepted the next flight even though the lady informed me that it would be a different aircraft.

In the meantime, I was sitting at the airport, vividly watching the planes fly by. There was a video playing in the lobby explaining the strengths and fallbacks of each aircraft. The video showed four of their aircrafts, including the one that I was going to board. It showed what would happen in inclement weather. It played a gust of wind and rain, and my aircraft in the video was the only one that started to spin out of control and crash. This made me very nervous. I called my mother to tell her that I had rebooked my flight and about the aircraft, and strangely, she did not respond on the other line. Instead she started crying and hung up on me.

The last bit of my dream is about me panicking at the busy airport while waiting for my flight, sorting through my luggage thinking that I might have forgotten some clothing. I also remember feeling extreme anxiety around not having prepared a presentation for the conference I was about to attend.

I've been going through some difficult transitions in life and I wonder if this has anything to do with what I am going through.

Thank you kindly,

Anne

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Airports, airplanes and missed flights
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 02:14:34 PM »
Anne – Well, taking a flight is in itself an enormous transition. The journey itself takes off from one position in life and you land something different. Big decisions can do that, because you can change your whole life direction.

But from your description you were swinging about in what you decided. You made a decision and then regretted it, and then you regretted that change.

It seems that you were anxious before seeing the video, but it took the video to make you aware of the amount of anxiety at play within you. Was you mother a very anxious person, because when you rang your mother she displayed enormous anxiety? We gain so much in the way we react from our mother and father, that it could be about what you carry from what you learnt. Please see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-conjuring-trick/ which explains how and why we have such enormous influences in us.

The end of the dream shows very clearly again how much anxiety you felt about making decisions. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/anxiety/

Tony