Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: recurring dream of being unprepared  (Read 7631 times)

rosarita

• View Profile
recurring dream of being unprepared
« on: August 18, 2011, 01:52:34 AM »
The theme is always the same but the setting varies. In all the old dreams, I have arrived at a familiar setting - school, summer camp, dance recital, and I find that I have none of my needed supplies, and what's worse, I know none of the material I'm expected to know. Everyone acts like they've no idea who i am or where I came from even though I know all of them and know I'm supposed to he there. They have no tolerance for my cluelessness and begin to ignore me when I can't keep up. I am basically left behind, shoved aside and alone.
I haven't had this dream in ages but last night I had it again. This time the school was brand new, I was completely lost, unprepared as usual but on unfamiliar ground among strangers. I kept looking for the band hall, but when I found it the director wouldn't let me in. When the lunch break came I got in a car and left to go get cigarettes from the ga.s station but got lost on the way back and ended up on a remote dirt road on hill. I could see the gate that would get me back but it was inaccessible from my spot. Thats all I remember.
Any insight would help a lot, thanks

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: recurring dream of being unprepared
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 01:42:22 PM »
Rosarita – It sounds like you have a bad case of alienation. It seems as if you have been led to believe you have no right to be or have a direction. And it sounds as if it was all around schooling. All of that can lead to such dreams. So I wonder where it came from – was it things said or done to you that caused these habits of response?

Considering that a child reared by a wolf becomes wolf, and an ordinary little girl whose parents took time to educate her at home became a genius, and so many others who were raised in homes that had attitudes of violence became violent, I believe it is habits that we are looking at. Habits etched into us through long exposure. But nevertheless just habits.

Fortunately I read a book that mentioned self-awareness, and I saw that I had some awful habits. When I saw I could alter who I was by learning different habits it was a revelation.

So I wonder what happened to you that led to your dream situation – what alienated you from yourself and made you feel lost in the world and rejected. Please see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYYXq1Ox4sk  as it may help.

Tony