Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: dreaming and waiting  (Read 5343 times)

annathedreamer

dreaming and waiting
« on: May 11, 2013, 12:30:34 PM »

Tony,

I am still reading through your Website and it is so helpful to remember.

I am not into diving into my dreams in words (yet?). It still feels like writing them down, looking at the symbols in the dream dictionary and then enter the dream without words or judgments and waiting for the pieces to fall into place.
I think that even when it is my own resistance which I merely respect with this approach, it is gentle towards myself to not force my way through it.

Dream, or what I remember of it:
I am sitting at a table. I am a representative in what is like some sort of a school exam and we are waiting for the teacher to give the test.
The student who will take the test is a woman.
On the table lays what looks like a hand made Kipa in bright, different colors.
I put it on my head and I laugh. The Kipa does not fit, it is too small.
Then the teacher arrives, it is a woman.
We are standing behind a small, square pillar, because the teacher has a few questions about the student.
She tells me it is interesting that we know each other, the student and I.
She asks me if we have met after school as well and I tell her we did not; we have only spoken to each other at school.
I am with the student in a corridor and she feels ashamed about something. Then she tells me that she has been a prisoner.
I tell her that it does not matter and that we have something in common because I have been in boarding school, which is like a prison as well. Then she is gone.
End of dream

Anna the Dreamer

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: dreaming and waiting
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 02:04:29 PM »
Anna the Dreamer – I think the dream is about looking at yourself as a form of evaluation. You and the student who is examined is two aspects of you. This becomes clear as the dream unfolds.

The Kipa so an attitude or a set of beliefs you try on but it doesn’t fit you, meaning that those beliefs you have outgrown, and you awareness has now enlarged.

The woman student I have to guess is a way of clarifying the relationship with that part of you – a relationship that occurred in connection with school.

The last part about prison is again telling the story that it felt like prison to the part of you that created the attitudes or beliefs represented by the Kipa.

Tony

PS Have you read the extension of Techniques for dream exploration - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/  - where it says Writing it all down – don’t be fooled, it can work?