Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Divorce  (Read 4376 times)

Klouise

• View Profile
Divorce
« on: August 15, 2014, 07:23:16 PM »
Hi there :) I'm new here, and need some help interpreting a dream.
Let me start with some context...
I'm currently engaged to a lovely man, let's call him 'A'.
I used to be in a very intense and serious relationship with another man, 'B'. (I was never married to him)
In the dream, I was trying to plan the wedding. And I was told that I needed to divorce man 'b' before marrying man 'a'. I kept making excuses, putting it off.
It got to the wedding day, and I was still married to man 'b'. We went through with the wedding, but obviously it wasn't legal. I then found myself in a dark room alone (I presume I was arrested for bigamy).
That's where it ended.
I can't remember anymore detail about this dream.
Any advice "/

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Divorce
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 08:19:27 AM »
Klouise - An excellent example of how little we all know about our inner world/dreams.

Whenever you get close to someone or have sex with them you need to remember that because you were together for a while there is no way you can ‘have nothing to do’ with someone you have been intimately involved with. It doesn’t work like that. Most people are often totally unaware of the massive experience they take in during a relationship and how it interacts with them when we love someone. In other words the memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event.

So if you are troubled by dreams of your ex, the best way to deal with them is to work on integrating the influence left in you from the relationship. You can do this by thinking about the dreams about your ex and drawing on all you got from him or her. So I would suggest you integrate all the good and bad things. Try doing this by taking the dream images of your ex and pulling them back into your body. Yes, literally making them one with you. Do this slowly and allow any feelings that arise.

That is divorcing your ex. It is the memories of him that your dream is dealing with, so of course you have to ‘divorce’ him. Even understanding the process of dreams such as this can help. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/digest/ and perhaps also http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Tony