Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A yellow worm coming out of my shin  (Read 7101 times)

Dreamlover

• View Profile
A yellow worm coming out of my shin
« on: July 16, 2013, 07:29:28 PM »
Hi Tony,

I just came across your site when looking through the internet to interpret one of my recent dreams. I would like to have your thoughts about it as you have been able to help many people.

The dream I had yesterday was that a blister suddenly appeared on my right shin and immediately it burst and a fat, yellow worm came out. It came out almost completely except for the last part which I tried to squeeze out. The dream ended there. I didn't experience any pain in the dream but when I saw the worm coming out it scared me.

I'm not sure if there's a connection to another dream which I had about a week ago or less. This was of a cobra. Before seeing the cobra my husband and I were having a conversation in a place which was supposed to be our house in the dream but looked a lot different. There was a grill on the side opening to some sort of sewers. We live in in apartment at the moment so when looking out of the grill while talking we saw the body of a serpent. We assumed that it was appearing all the way up and should be visible to other tenants in the building so we didn't get scared at once. We wanted to inform the management of the building about this as we thought there was a snake which had breeded in the sewers. But when we looked out again through the grill, we saw that it was a huge cobra and he was staring directly at us. I was alarmed and started rushing out of the house but my husband didn't follow as he was trying to face the cobra. I stopped to call my husband but the cobra was chasing after and he passed my husband and started coming after me. He had only done something to my husband which was only to stop him temporarily and not hurt him but he was coming after me so I kept running. I came out of the building and it was a crowded town area with a marketplace and lots of busy people. I kept running and looking behind but he was chasing after me. At this point I wanted to wake myself up but I kept on running and eventually woke up before he could catch up with me. It was a huge cobra and much larger than myself.

Hope you would be able to share your thoughts about these two dreams. I do have frequent dreams and snakes are quite common in my dreams but this was the first time I dreamt of a cobra.

Thanks

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: A yellow worm coming out of my shin
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 05:01:54 PM »
DreamLover – Thanks for describing so well such an interesting dream.

I feel the first dream is the key to understanding the second one. Where you lived in the dream is about your present inner condition. Dreams are usually a mirror showing us our real life situation – inner life not outer life. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/

And your dream shows you your connection with the sewer. Don’t be alarmed, we are all connected with what the sewer indicates but most people are not aware of it. The sewers were built by humans thousands of years ago. They are the level at which mankind once lived. They are your ancient past, and if you carry on with your dream exploration some of the things you find will be the things you have yourself left behind in the sewers. But it is a wrong word, they should be thought of as Pompeii, the hidden and wonderful past that has been destroyed by human foolishness. There are treasures to be found there.

And in fact you find one, the cobra. This represents the force of Life and Death in you that has not been met. You run from it because it stimulates primal feelings. Please read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/what-we-need-to-remember-about-us-3/#Unconscious

If you read it you will see you are meeting the Hugeness.

I can only suggest you use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/ to explore the worm emerging. I feel it is very important for you for your inner work. You would not have dreamt of the cobra – the ancient Egyptian sign of higher wisdom – if you were not strong enough to meet it.

I reach out to you.

Tony
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 05:09:55 PM by Tony Crisp »

Dreamlover

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 08:20:21 PM »
Hi Tony,

Your views on the two dreams are most appreciated.

I have taken the time to go through the first and second links and I am happy to say that my viewpoint on the interpretation of dreams has changed quite a lot since then. I used to previously think that my dreams were a way of warning me of coming events. However, after going through what you said in the links, I have realised that the dreams are a mirror of my inner self and they can be used to improve my perspective on life. Indeed it cannot be done overnight and will need a lot of work but I am thankful that I can use it to solve some of the problems I am facing in my outer life.

I do have another question on a couple of dreams I dreamt some years ago. This was that my uncle who lives overseas had fallen ill and was hospitalised. I did mention this to my father and a week later he checked on my uncle and it so happened that he had met with an accident and was hospitalised around a week ago. This baffled me somewhat as I was not very close to this uncle but yet had dreamt of this incident.

Another dream was that a cousin of mine whom I was very close to, was getting out of a limousine. It so happened that on that particular day my cousin gave us a surprise visit and it shocked me as to the simiilarity to my dream.

Would appreciate if you could give me your views on these two dreams. This is what mostly made me believe that dreams were showing coming events or sometimes warnings.

Thanks

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 10:17:03 AM »
DreamLover – I feel that our personal awareness is just like an island in a huge ocean in which there are countless other islands. Above the surface of the water, which is like individual waking self-awareness, or our waking self. In this there is a sense of separate existence, with definite boundaries where the shore meets the sea. Beneath the surface however, one island is connected to all other islands. The land stretches away under the waves and rises here and there into other islands. So, it is seen, personal awareness, beneath our everyday consciousness, shades off into a connection with a collective unconscious we all share. Through this connection we may be able to arrive at insights into other people otherwise denied to us. And this explains your dreams.

Read more about this in http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/collective-unconscious/ and http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/edgar-cayce-and-the-cosmic-mind-superminds/

Tony