Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trapped!  (Read 7883 times)

Daydreamer

• View Profile
Trapped!
« on: April 30, 2013, 02:44:46 PM »
I was lying on the ground, I think a path, it was dark because I was under a huge lorry.  The lorry was trying to turn and had no idea I was under it.  It was almost on top of me and I worried it was going to tare me apart.  I had no escape because the underneath was so low.  I saw one of its back tyres coming for me and I wondered if it was going to kill me.. then I woke up.

I can't make sense of this dream other than feeling things are really starting to get on top of me.. a huge sense of responsibility that is weighing me down, with no real way out.. mostly financial! 

Is this all there is to it?  :)  I would appreciate any of your insights.. thanks so much x

Daydreamer

• View Profile
Re: Trapped!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 02:57:44 PM »
I was lying on the path which shows I am being passive because I cannot see the way out.  The lorry trying to turn I understand is showing that I am trying to turn things around but inability to see the light is holding me back.  Afraid of being torn apart in the process of making positive change I ly there wondering, will my life end as I know it? my fears are holding me back so I must find my inner strength, reach up with both palms and push that heavy load away from me.. then I am free to get up and start walking my path instead of taking it lying down.  :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 03:00:39 PM by Daydreamer »

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 09:08:20 PM »
i think by waking up before the lorry hits,this in itself is a symbolic reference,may refer to your own thoughts of refusing to face something head on,or that the thought of a particular solution seems distasteful,
what would have happened if you didn't wake up from the dream ?
i am reminded of the juggernaut from Hindu mythology also another name for a lorry ,this god was a great obstacle remover,i think of a storm or tornado passing through ,can be destructive ,but clears the way for new growth,i think you already know this as your second comments refer ,
 in myth the would be hero enters the cave to confront the dragon,this may be that moment for you,be brave sir knight,it is always darkest before the dawn.
hope my thoughts are of help,
rgds mikey

Daydreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 08:24:05 PM »
Hi Mikey thank you.. yes definitely makes a lot of sense!!  Interesting dream last night which was a follow on from this dream.. I dreamt of a man with huge muscles on his arms, definitely strong and powerful enough to shift the heavy load, I woke up feeling much better  :) 

I'm not sure what was going to happen as my alarm had woken me up.. but I went back into the dream and replayed the huge tire coming at me.. somehow I was like liquid so it just passed through me with no harm done!

Thanks again  ;D

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 10:01:10 PM »
hi,
so the answer to this dream,is most likely,your  fears are unfounded,
as both your own re-entry into the dream & your second one seem to confirm,if you woke up feeling better,then the dream has done its job,
a great mentor of mine,Joseph campbell called it,being helped by hidden hands,
forces are at work, that for the most part we are unconscious of,
hope everything pans out for you.
rgds mikey

Daydreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 09:25:03 AM »
Yes I believe so Mikey..  funny you mention that because I was dreaming last night about unseen forces  :)  frightening though but good!! Isn't that amazing  ;)

Many thanks for your kind help x

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 09:51:05 AM »
i am a great lover of mythological stories ,as there is always one that holds answers to what we have to face,
& dreams are our own personal myths.
with ref to the scary unseen forces you mention,i am reminded of George & the dragon,
he did not kill the dragon,he led it around on a silken rope,
confrontation with unconscious content or forces greater than ourselves  can be scary,(meeting the dragon) but when we accept it,it becomes an ally,(leading the dragon by a silken rope).
one thing to remember,it is one of many dragons! i wish you good luck.
Mikey.