Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: different pets to feed and take care of  (Read 5351 times)

annathedreamer

different pets to feed and take care of
« on: October 08, 2013, 10:41:16 AM »
Hi Tony  :)

So far I have been doing fine with my inner journey by looking at my dreams using all the wonderful Information you have provided us, however, with this "change of pets" I am not sure.

My recurring dream has always been about pets I forgot to feed which pets where then either dead or in a terrible state.
The pets being birds (canaries) at first, which symbol did not last for long, and then it was always about rabbits, mice or goldfish.
In the last dream I had about rabbits (last August) they were all well fed, although I still do not understand much of the symbols around this type of pet dream:

I am in the front garden of my parental home, where 4 cages with rabbits are standing on the grass.

They all look well, the cages being filled with fresh straw. I put some sort of a herb in one of the cages and the rabbit starts eating it right away. I realise that some of them do not like to eat the fresh food and therefore it was still there.

I then see that it is about time I replace the cages. The last two cages which are standing near the house, I push into the ground, trying to make them more stable that way. They are standing on two rusted pins which are placed underneath the front part of the cage and which are inserted in the grass.

While pushing the pins more deeply in the grass, the back part of the cage is suddenly not there anymore.

What is left is a small facade with the two pins underneath. I see that that facade – which is like a very un-deep "Cage" with a glass window in front of it – is not deep enough to house a rabbit.

The moment I reckon the rabbit must have escaped the Golden Retriever I used to have,  runs inside the garden and then disappears very fast into the house.

I only hope she did not hurt the rabbit. When I go into the vestibule, she just puts the rabbit in a corner behind the table which is standing over there and then remembering how soft mouthed she is, I know she brought the rabbit back, without me seeing the rabbit once.

And so what changed in my "the pets I have to feed and take care of dream" is:

I have to feed the amoebas with Tubifex.
Then I look at a very large aquarium with a lot of black and white tropical fish in it, which are very fast swimming from the left to the right and back. I wonder if I can feed them with Tubifex too.
(I searched the net to find this type of fish: The pennant coral-fish (Heniochus acuminatus), also known as the longfin bannerfish or coachman is a tropical fish of the family Chaetodontidae. It is also known colloquially as the "poor man's moorish idol".)

Then I am standing in the hallway where the horse is. I wrap my arms around it's nose and hug it and then I realise that I still have to walk it.

Since pet dreams are the only recurring dream I have, I like to understand this dream.
Can you give me a clue Tony what direction both dreams are trying to show me?

Anna The Dreamer
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:00:38 PM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: different pets to feed and take care of
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 10:04:37 AM »
Anna – The dreams are largely about becoming aware of aspects of us most people are completely unconscious of; namely the instinctive and also cellular life. That may sound strange but we are basically consciousness, and mostly our awareness is centred around our senses and needs to do with outer issues such as getting a meal ready, keeping our house clean and perhaps driving out car. But our consciousness is aware of our whole being; think for instance of your own development from two cells that joined in your mother’s body. From there you went through the whole evolution until you were born. And although your personal awareness as ‘Anna’ didn’t take part in that awareness, you have it in your deeper self, and it is often shown in dreams. So the dreams are about the subtle needs of your mammalian self and then your even deeper self the fish, your cellular life.

The dog is an instinctive part of you that is semi conscious and fairly well adapted to your – Anna’s – life in the world. The dog actually brought home some awareness of the rabbits needs – maybe something about eating – the table. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/

I can only speculate what it means in detail to you, but it is a process of your conscious self learning to enter into the life of what you are actually as a living process – instinctive drive and cellular life. It is like dropping all the usually views you have of you and becoming a virginal mind full of wonder and wondering and swimming in the huge aquarium of our inner self.

Here is an experience of it: I was going to sleep and had a very vivid fantasy. It was accompanied by an active feeling sense as well, so that I felt an emotional response to what I was ‘dreaming’ as one does in a dream. I was in a huge indoor aquarium. The water was very clear, but had a slight yellowish or straw colour tinge to it. I was swimming under the water looking at the many creatures. I had a sense of being within a very ancient environment. The creatures were all primordial, each functioning in its own distinct way. But I was fascinated and felt a sense of wonder and privilege. As I swam I began to feel that I was actually looking within myself to the ancient processes of the blood and cells. I had a sense that we are all the time immersed in this ancient aquarium, relating to its creatures one way or another.

Tony

annathedreamer

Re: different pets to feed and take care of
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 11:19:08 AM »

Thank you again Tony, for taking the time to share your view with me, which opens up a possibility of symbols I had not considered before.

The only thing I have been wanting is to let go of the past by forgiving everything that arises from my unconscious mind.
In my world this means that I look at it and wait and do not judge it, whereby I trust that deep within my mind this way the change will occur without my interfering with it.

I have played with the symbols of this dream for a while too, although on a different level than you did;
I thought of tubifex as feeding on an organic material in water which had died, being emotions (emotional experiences) I had let go of, and me using that which had grown from that (tubifex) to feed "other levels of awareness".

What arose from that view was the desire to understand more about the different levels on which I can be aware, how they are linked with each other and if feeding one level -  the amoebas - with "food" will supply food simultaneously for the "fish level". I also like to experience what it is like to make all these levels into One level.

While asking my unconscious mind to give me an experience which will help me become more aware of what I perceive as different levels, Life took me through different experiences to learn from again on much more "basic levels" (how to extend love into the world), which I probably asked for as well and "forgot" again.
I can ask, I am not in charge though when and how the answer will be provided.

I hope that the symbols I use will make sense to you as well.
Life and the living process is a miracle, the symbols we use to express It is merely a challenge to put in words what is beyond.

Anna