Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Please help me understand this dream...  (Read 5275 times)

JeremyNodine

• View Profile
Please help me understand this dream...
« on: January 21, 2014, 01:17:23 PM »
Ok I want to start by saying I never remember my dreams, like maybe 2-3 times a year, although lately I have been making an effort to get better at dream recall using the usual methods. Last night this is what I dreamed.

I start off in jail then somehow escape. Next thing I remember I am walking down a country road (I live in the country) named something holler. I can remember thinking that I would need to find a good hiding spot in the woods till the search for me was less intense. I get to the end of the road and it is a dead end so I walk into the woods and after a little while I find this big hill with some kind of structure on it, but I cant tell what because it is covered in vines etc. I get near the top and notice a small doorway into what turns out to be some sort of huge water wheel overlooking a beautiful view of a waterfall, in other words it is sitting on top of the waterfall.

Then all of the sudden I hear people coming and hide. Its a young boy and what appear to be his dad and granddad. The boy sees me and even mentions this to his father but he ignores him and they make their way to a hidden room that is actually inside the waterwheel and its turning over and over. They are kinda jogging like they are in a giant hamster wheel. They soon leave and I enter the room myself just out of curiosity.

Next thing I can recall Its dark and I am sneaking through the woods heading to my Grandmas old house (she passed away over a decade ago) and when I get there my fiancé is waiting for me in bed. That is all I can really remember.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Please help me understand this dream...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 09:13:27 AM »
Jeremy - First you must remember that a dream is like a seed, it is something that comes from a deep part of you; it is something that is working upwards toward being conscious. As such it often, like a seed, takes time to break through to the surface, and then it has to grow. So often dreams are not recognised for their full meaning until later – sometimes months or even longer. The dream images are attempts to communicate something that has probably never been thought about or even been consciously thought about, so has never been put into common conscious thinking before. It is a communication from the depths, from beyond thought, and so any interpretations that are given by thinking may completely miss the point.

Your dream shows you breaking out or leaving behind a state of mind or attitudes and beliefs that were literally like a prison. You must have then in the dream state relaxed and experienced your natural self outside of what you have been or known in the prison state.

In exploring this new condition you saw or realised what an enormous energy pours through you - the waterfall - and you also realise that this was something passed on to you from past generations. The great waterwheel is probably your central energy production, but in some way you have a strange view of it as if you have to be part of it. I am not sure of this, the meaning of the family in the wheel - it may be an attitude that you had to work hard to survive and this has passed on to you.

Then you are there with your fiancé and you are in a relaxed relationship with her - a good ending to feel at peace with your inner female.

Tony