Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Red-Headed Stranger Brings Words of Encouragement  (Read 5378 times)

Aristocrates

• View Profile
A Red-Headed Stranger Brings Words of Encouragement
« on: November 03, 2012, 04:55:53 PM »
I'm staying at a house in Florida with a group of people.  The only faces I recall are this stranger and two of my X's.  The dream starts out with me on a couch and this stranger, this man sitting across from me on another couch.  He's a tall, thin, well-dressed, middle-aged man wearing glasses.  We've established that I work in a restaurant. He asks me what I do there.  Ashamedly, I tell everyone how I clean tables.  I bow my head and begin to sob.  I soon find out that this man is a lawyer.  Anyways, he takes me by the hand and takes me upstairs where he can talk to me in private.  He tells me to keep my head up and that I have so much going for me.  He also said he talked to my ex (the Cuban who lives in Miami) and she told him how I had such an open mind, especially for the region I came from.  The last part I remember is rather pitiful.  I'm laying flat on the ground and another X who also crushed my soul was there and I was just trying to catch a glimpse of her without her seeing me.  I wish I would've stood up walked over and talked with her instead of acting so childishly.  

In one of the other dreams I had last night I was much more in command.  This guy tried intimidating me.  I chased him down and found a beautiful woman.  I got them both to strip naked, as if they were going to be having sex with one another.  Instead, I take the woman while he must sit there and watch.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 04:57:49 PM by Aristocrates »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: A Red-Headed Stranger Brings Words of Encouragement
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 01:06:13 PM »
Aristocrates – That sounds much more like it.

The guy talking to you telling you to keep your head up was a part of you that knows all about you and recognises your potential. Believe it and let it shine out of you.

The part where you took over the scene and take the woman in front of the man is you expressing your potential.

Something I wrote in Dream Yoga is as follows: “Also in the writings of Atharva Veda there is another mention of dreams that seems very modern.  “In the ancient view of dreams recorded in the Atharva Veda, being active or even actively aggressive, was seen as a positive sign, even if one was injured or mutilated as a result of ones active stance; whereas if the dreamer passively accepted injury in a dream this was seen as a negative implication. This was because it was felt that the active or passive stance within the dreams indicated a similar disposition during waking life. As the active person is generally more successful, the dream sign of an active disposition was seen as fortunate”.

Tony