Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My own dead body  (Read 4881 times)

Mocha

• View Profile
My own dead body
« on: November 05, 2012, 02:34:16 PM »
Hi, I'm new to forums and have been rather curious about dreams. I've come across this site and am looking for inlightenment regards to one of my dreams.

Date:25/10/2012

I only went to bed at 1:00am after working on my classic car, proud to say I fixed the carb issue. The next day at 9:35 am I only recalled parts of the dream I had the night before. From what I can remember, the dream was in my first person view (From my eyes), I saw a square wooden barn of a sort. This wooden structure was only a single story high and had 4 separate rooms all the same size each with their own exterior door and they had no entrances to each other from inside. The barn was situated in a semi forest environment and it was dark at the time. Within one of these rooms was my dead body. I knew this without any prior knowledge as to how it got their or how I had died. I had no worries of being dead at all. I remember entering my room of the barn and viewing a wooden pedestal about waist height. It had a dark wooden coffin on it. Inside lay my body. I had feelings towards my body like it was my ultimate love (Not in a sexual way). It saddens me greatly to know it was decaying and I had urges to touch it yet I had an unknown feeling that it was forbidden. Also I knew that the body had been there for two weeks (The smell was strong), so it wouldn’t be wise to touch it. (I wanted to just feel my hand, make sure my body was still there.)I loved my body and only wished it the best possible existence. The thought if it degenerating greatly depressed me. What was strange was I wasn't concerned as to why I was not alive or how I died. I simply felt very strong about my body. Like I wanted to look after it, it felt as if my body was a very good friend that had passed away and I couldn’t let go. Which all makes sense in an indirect way because every creature wants to live? It would seem I was a ghost who would not lay to rest, but I didn’t relate my situation at that time to ghosts.

This dream created quite a deal of emotion in me and that's why I would like other views on it.

Thanks....
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 02:36:48 PM by Mocha »

sailrmc

• View Profile
Re: My own dead body
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 04:17:27 PM »
Hello Mocha,

Death in dreams can relate to many "things" but I will cut to the chase and say that death, in the context that you have been presented with, seems to bring the following to consciousness. 

In some way you may have made a transition to a new way of thinking, acting or feeling...to a new stage in life.  With that transition comes new awareness and part of that new awareness is that you understand that you have missed out on certain aspects of life. You feel the fondness of the person that that you have been, but that person is changing. The old you was okay, the old you was well thought of (by yourself) etc. etc. but it is time to move forward and it is important that you not go back. You have come to understand this and somehow that transition remains difficult.

It is a new day for you...even though the old you served you well, it is indeed time to move forward.

regards,
sailrmc 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: My own dead body
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 10:07:59 AM »
Thanks Sailrmc

Tony