Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dreams of my dead father not really being dead.  (Read 5737 times)

JenniferP

• View Profile
Dreams of my dead father not really being dead.
« on: November 27, 2012, 08:07:59 PM »
My father died in a car accident when I was 9 years old.  As an adult (since the age of 19), I have lived in four different houses and I've had a dream about him  at every place. I'm 31 now so this has been going on for 12 years.
 In the dreams I can see my house and things the way they really are and he is just casually there. Either walking down the street or just standing there and I always am running up to him saying, "I thought you were dead!" In one dream he saw me coming and tried to get away but I caught up to him. In that dream he told me that my mother told me he was dead and that he wasn't allowed to tell me he was really alive. They always end in him leaving and saying that he would see me later.  Well today I took a short nap and dreamed about him again (I haven't had a dream about him in this house... we have been here 2 years).  In the dream we were talking about my children and talking like nothing ever happened. But it felt like I had more control over the conversation and we were more verbal about feelings. I called him Daddy and I don't remember ever calling him that in the dreams and I hugged and kissed him and told him I missed him so much and love him so much and that I am so glad he came back. (we never did stuff like that in the other dreams... never really loving the way you would be if your father were actually alive, like we did in this dream)  I actually asked him why he stayed gone from me so long if he was really alive and he told me not to worry about that, because he is here now.  It still ended the same way... he always has to leave and tells me he will see me later.

firefairie1977

• View Profile
Re: Dreams of my dead father not really being dead.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 03:31:08 AM »
hello,i am annie. my mother passed away in '99 of cancer. we didnt have any time to make our amends or say our goodbyes because no one knew she had cancer so she died veryy suddenly.i have dreams of her often. some good , some very bad.in the dreams where i feel she is still alive, its very distressing to wake up and realize i can not go call her. i was sure in my dream that i could.your father is with you dear.my mother warns me of things before they happen quite often. its not like, hey  they are going to come steal your child, its more like something is happening in my dream that signifies the same thing. something is being stolen from me. blankets being taken off of me while im sleeping. then mom appears and tells me to pray. something like that. mom was religious. im not  .so thses dreams of your father are just to show you he is here with you and guiding you. if he warns you of something in a dream, no matter how little the thing is, listen to it. could be something bigger. if dad is calm and peaceful hes just checking in on you, to let you know hes got his arms around you.thats all i got for now.