Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream Call from Ex  (Read 6717 times)

Aristocrates

• View Profile
Dream Call from Ex
« on: November 28, 2012, 12:42:03 AM »
So, the last dream I had this morning was that my phone was ringing and the caller ID showed Yiadira, my ex's name, except her name is actually spelled Yadira.  I worked a long day yesterday and felt glued to the bed this morning.  This dream seemed to really aid me in getting out of bed.  I've been doing really well the past month and this dream didn't bring any pain.  It just seemed to be my subconscious' way of motivating me to get out of bed.  I found it amusing.  

Edit:Thought I should add that I didn't answer the phone.  I was really annoyed that she was calling, even though it was just a dream.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 12:47:39 AM by Aristocrates »

sailrmc

• View Profile
Re: Dream Call from Ex
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 05:40:06 PM »
Aristocrates,

While it is important to pay attention to the details presented in the dream, remember that it is of equal importance to remember the feelings that were brought out by the dream experience. Dreams mirror our deepest feelings and emotions etc. and your dream seems to be showing that dealing with your ex is an annoyance to you. Such contact in waking life draws you in but in reality it is counter productive to moving forward. 

Stepping back a step or two and seeing a bigger picture,  (looking at the dream in the same light but in a more general way), the dream is about a control that your ex has over you. Apparently your life is disrupted when there is contact or perhaps event just the thought of her (or people in your life that are like her) is a disruption and it is annoying.

The dream brings to consciousness these feelings within and allows you to explore how similar situations make you feel.
regards,
sailrmc

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 07:19:59 PM »
Aristocrates,

I thought the spelling of her name in your dream was interesting.

The I (Aristocrates) that is in Yadira. 

I am wondering if there are any qualities in you that are also in her...that you did not like in her.  Did you feel angry with her when she would not get out of bed for example?

I have a saying written down somewhere...."People come and go, they seldom know, but they do change you."

As always...thank you for sharing your dreams.

Christine

Aristocrates

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »
Hey Christine!  I just now stumbled on your reply.  I don't know.  One quality of hers I really didn't like was how Narcissistic she is.  For the second two years of our relationship we lived 1000 miles a part.  I would usually end up flying down to see her.  I was always the more flexible one.  Instead of planning something that we both enjoyed she would typically plan a photo shoot starring herself (eyes rolling).  So I might go down for one or two full days and it would be all about her.  She never really tried anything that I liked but I was always willing to try things she liked though it got old after a while.  The few times she came to Tennessee we had the best time.  We did things that each of us could enjoy.  The last time she visited we went kayaking.  It was an experience neither one of us will forget. 

Another example of how one-sided the relationship was is how it was so cute for her to beg me to stay at her house and make me late for work but if I made her late even by 2-5 minutes there was hell to pay.  That was the standard in that relationship and right now I'm finally seeing how lucky I am not to be caught up in that anymore. 

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 12:12:18 AM »
Hey Aristocrates!  It sounds like you are much happier now:)