Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A dream of blood and multiple perspectives  (Read 4562 times)

heyymads

• View Profile
A dream of blood and multiple perspectives
« on: December 03, 2012, 12:06:15 AM »
In the dream I am within my own body and feeling sensation, but I am also (simultaneously) seeing myself from a third-person perspective. Both perspectives, although clearly me, seem to be separate beings. To complicate things even more, there is a 3rd person also present who remains shapeless, and exists only through his/her feelings.

I am clothed in white and feel as if I am laying down. However, the third-person perspective sees me as simply suspended in white space. Until this point I am unaware of the 3rd person. Blood begins to flow from my lower abdomen, and gradually soaks through my clothes.

This is where the dream gets the most complex: I feel the presence of a "3rd" person in the dream, and I am aware that they are horrified, and their response to the blood both confuses me and makes me concerned for them. From a first-person perspective I know ahead of time that I am going to bleed, and so the blood does not shock me. The only sensation I feel is warmth (presumably from the blood) over my lower abdomen. I feel completely relaxed. From a third-person perspective I am concerned and confused by the blood, and begin searching the body (which I can identify as my own) for any lacerations. I first evaluate my bare thighs, then my clothed hips, and lastly, the clothed center of my pelvic/lower abdomen region. There I find a dark circle of blood, which I decide must be a puncture wound. Then I - from both 3rd and 1st person perspectives at the same time - open my mouth to speak, and I wake up.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: A dream of blood and multiple perspectives
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 11:55:48 AM »
Heymads – We all have many perspective we can see ourselves from, but most people are so locked into the idea they are their body that they seldom dream of seeing themselves as a bodiless awareness.

I feel that the bodiless you is probably the one with the most insight. Then the 1st and 3rd get together and that is important. It shows that the physical and the spiritual you have united in assessing the situation. Unfortunately you didn’t get to speak. So I would suggest you try http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/#TalkingAs

But it seems as if it would be a good idea to have yourself checked. I know many doctors would say such dreams mean nothing, but that isn’t so. They can be an expression of what is happening in the physical body. In 1978 Dr. Bernard Siegel, assistant clinical professor of surgery at Yale University School of Medicine, started Exceptional Cancer Patients, an individual and group therapy using patients’ dreams, drawings and images. Recognising that dreams gave patients insight into what their body was doing, Dr. Siegel started a campaign to make more people aware of their own healing potential. Many other doctors have stated similar findings, that dreams reveal the deep working of the body, and can be used in promoting ones self-healing process. Vasily Kasatkin, a psychiatrist at the Leningrad Neurosurgical Institute, based his opinion on the forty-year study of 10,240 dreams collected from 1200 patients.

Tony