Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: living totem  (Read 5572 times)

mikey

• View Profile
living totem
« on: December 23, 2012, 08:58:02 PM »
i had this dream last night ,i can hardly begin to find the words to describe it ,nothing will do it justice but here goes,
the dream,
walking through a forest i hear & feel the ground start to rumble before me,
bursting up out of the earth is a living totem pole,
on the bottom is the earth mother,on her head is a wolf,then a wild boar,followed by a creature that lives in the trees,not sure if it is a polecat or squirrel,they all jump down & surround me,
the earth mother tells me that these are my allies,against a dark very powerful being that is stalking me,she tells me it has been brought into being because of the quest i am on,
i felt i was in the presence of divinity & that something profound was imminent,absolutely stunning dream.
really would like some thoughts.
mikey

Christine

• View Profile
Re: living totem
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 02:28:48 AM »
You might want to try looking up the meanings of the animals as totems.  There are lots of places to do it online.  It will be interesting to find out if this being that is stalking you is internal or external.  I have been my own worst enemy sometimes.

If you have time and don't mind, can you post a follow up to let us know what you might find?

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 11:09:41 AM »
hi,
yes i have looked up & understand the animal symbolism ,from a shamanic perspective as this seems to be the only set of symbols that make sense,
i see them all as a metaphor for the self as there are 4 in all,the stalking beast symbol i take to be some shadow content of mine,something that needs to be given attention,
a friend of mine said to me,you know you only see a shadow when the sun shines,this was a very profound statement as i understood it mean that to be fully awake we have to become aware of the darkside,by this i mean,i have never thought what we call the spiritual to be all dancing lights,ommms & beaming smiles,i have become aware of the dangers ,we live in a world of opposites at least that is our experience so every light has its shadow quality,i am not enlightened enough to see beyond this yet nor do i expect to be,my experience can only be discribed as shamanic in quality,this has been hard for me to accept ,i have put up a lot of resistance,but now my dreams have changed ,being more archetypal in content,i was informed by an expert that you do not choose to be a shaman,something comes for you,you can walk hand in hand with it ,or be dragged,i think because i have given in,and am now willing to go along with it, the inner landscape is changing i feel,the veils are lifting,hence the dream images becoming more archetypal,
i can honestly say it is nothing like i expected,
best wishes for  your journey.
rgds mikey

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 05:29:06 PM »
Mikey,

"Only the brightest sun has the darkest shadow."

I am just coming out of my own underworld where everthing unconscious about myself became painfully conscious.
I almost destroyed myself and everone else along with me.  Kali has subsided for now.

The archetype I am working with now is the Rebel Teenage Boy.  I recently met and am dating a man with the Prostitute archetype. Very amazing when we get into the we space. 

You have so much to look forward to in meeting your shadow...internally and externally.

Have a Happy Holiday!

Christine

P.S.  The shaman work I did at the beginning.  Looking back it would have been more effective when I feared falling off the edge.  I hope that will be helpful to you someday.  Many blessings.