Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Miniature  (Read 4847 times)

Sunflower

• View Profile
Miniature
« on: December 15, 2012, 10:59:23 PM »
A dream i had during a daytime nap:

The dream starts with me being in a known environment somewhere close to home. I seem to be just walking around for a bit, without aim or thoughts.
Then it is like some time has past, like i've been away for a short while and i'm back. I want to go to that know environment to get to my hometown from there. I look around to see which direction i need to take and think it must be very easy to head home. When looking around i notice that all of this is like a miniature of the land/country/livingspace i live in. Once taken, what i thought was the right direction, i was riding a beautiful shiny brown horse (like this was mine). I held the reins in my hands and was riding it like i had been riding a horse for ages. I followed a small path which led me over small hills, passing people left and right. The whole picture somehow felt serene. Every once in a while in the back of my mind there was the thought: "I hope i will stay able to master the horse without the horse running away with me." After a while i looked at the environment again and found out i didn't recognize it any longer and realized i must have taken the wrong direction. I looked at the canal a little further away. The canal had been there also in the beginning of the dream; and seeing the canal now i just didn't understand that this wasn't the direction. I looked behind me over my shoulder, being sure that i just had taken the exact opposite direction...thinking that behind me i definitely would see things (like a bridge, churchtower) i would recognize, but no...Still i decided to take the path back; just take that path, having the feeling i will end up there where i wanted to go.
After some riding i start feeling a little better, being a bit more sure that this is the right direction. But then i end up at a very large 'building', which i recognize from daily life, being the football-arena in our capital city. I just don't understand it: how could i have end up here?! I try to see 'the whole picture' of the land...it feels like all directions just have changed?! I decide to go on and enter the building on my horse. I see people walking around, kind of music halls and other large rooms. I ride to huge hallways. I'm getting confused: should i really continu?! I get of the horse and then walk into a large room. I see that i'm walking on a wall of boxes. I decide i shouldn't be in this (storage?) room. I'm surely not allowed here. But, like something has changed, i then find myself looking down from the high wall of boxes and jumping of of them.

I then am suddenly on a hill with my best friend. We've just been looking around in some shops. It feels like the shops were placed in that football-arena. My best friend wants to head home, but i tell her i first like to drink a cup of tea with my mother (who seemed to have been shopping with us), wishing my best friend is polite enough to come with us. And yes...a little later the 3 of us are sitting on a terrace on the hilltop, having tea.
The last thing i remember from the dream is me thinking that my friend wanted to leave the tea-drinking a little to soon according to me.

Hmm, when writing the dream down the picture seemed to make itself pretty clear....direction, direction, direction...But, maybe some of you have other ideas? I'd love to read them!

Sunflower

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Miniature
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 11:34:50 AM »
Sunflower – Well you start off without aim or thought about any direction. But then you want to get back to a situation, a feeling or state of mind, to go home.

Home is usually about being in touch with your core, your Self, and you ‘think’ you know the way, but the dream is about feeling lost.

Having grown up at a time when most transport was horse drawn, I know that horses have an innate sense of how to get home. I rode on carts when the driver was asleep and the horse took us home. Your horse is your own animal instincts. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/#mammalbrain

So maybe you should trust your inner instinct and imagine yourself back in the dream riding your horse and tell it to take you home and drop the reins.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Miniature
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 04:40:18 PM »
I love Tony's reply!

I just wanted to add that dreams I have had with miniatures...people usually...have been about control.

(As a child I had a fantasy that little people lived in my dresser drawer and I could take them out and play with them, carry them in my pockets and put them back in the drawer and close it). 

There was also an element of judgement in your dream...judging yourself and other people. 

I hope the above is helpful.  ;)