Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: the crocodile dilemma  (Read 7057 times)

mikey

• View Profile
the crocodile dilemma
« on: December 10, 2012, 05:47:41 PM »
i had this strange dream last night,
i watch a crocodile with a child in its mouth play a word game with the father of the child as it swam around in the river,i realise it is all a hoax of some sort,the croc then comes after me,i punch it on the nose hoping this will deter it,it doesn't,
running up a large rock structure and leaping over the top i find myself hanging by one hand on a rope,
suspended over a rocky ravine,i have two choices,climb up and be eaten by the croc,or let go and be smashed to pieces on the rocks below.
i wind my wrist around the rope so has i dont lose my grip and just hang there pondering,realising there is no way out,suddenly out of knowhere, a huge bush appears below me,i realise i can now let go as my fall will be cusioned by this bush.

i mentioned this dream to my daughter who reminded me of the crocodile dilemma,the second part of the dream was also a dilemma ,
on reading up the croc dilemma and the second part of the dream,i can only come up with,
 this.
the croc dilemma is a paradox,perhaps this is how i see a situation,but the second part of the dream is not a paradox as a solution presents itself out of knowhere,i can now let go.
look forward very much to any thoughts,
rgds mikey

mikey

• View Profile
Re: the crocodile dilemma
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 10:05:18 AM »
i have been looking at this dream the past couple of days,and had a revelation,
i somehow arrived at the hanged man tarot card,a much misunderstood set of symbols,
i saw a remarkable resemblance to the description of this card and that of, not only this dream, but also the "chapel perilous"theme,which has been in my dreams a lot of the years,a mythology i am well versed in,
this led me to a lot of other dreams i have had in the past,all containing that same being stuck,or in suspension theme,a situation that could only be releived by some sort of supernatural intervention,
this is a big breakthrough for me,as i feel that the answer to my question does not ly in a logical or rational area of thought,ie trying to solve the crocodile paradox,but what could be called the irrational,or as i like to put it,the music that is painfull to the ears ,especially  the egos ears.
its all about letting go,trusting the unknown,that "other" that is really running the show,i may be having one of those moments.
mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 02:01:07 PM »
Mikey - But remember that dreams are like computer games - very threatening - but nothing can hurt you. It is only fear you are facing, and symbols of falling or being eaten are all masks covering your emotions.

So go back into the dreams and imagine being eaten or falling. Nothing will happen except some feelings; and the more often you do it the less it will be felt.

It is different if it was happening to you in waking life - but you are carrying such fears into your inner life, where they do not apply.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 08:21:11 PM »
Hi Mikey,

I have an affinity for your crocodile dreams...and was wondering if you could further explain "chapel perilous."

Thanks,

Chris

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 08:59:11 PM »
Found the threads...woo hoo!  Amazing!