Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wild Animals  (Read 4830 times)

jonvh

• View Profile
Wild Animals
« on: January 07, 2013, 06:02:29 PM »
Good morning.  I am new to this forum.  I am hoping that you kind folks can help me.  Up until very recently I was a little bit skeptical about dream interpretation but I am having a series of dreams that leads me to believe that I am trying to tell me something...if that makes any sense.  A few days ago I dreamt that a mountain lion got loose in my house.  It was a wild animal, but I was completely unafraid of it.  I was terrified that it would hurt my family but I had no fear for my own safety.  I somehow knew that it would not hurt me.  In fact, later in the dream, I went to go chase it out of the house and it was as tame as a house cat with me.

Last night I dreamt that I was camping in the wilderness with someone.  I am not sure who.  We discovered a bear.  Again, I was terrified that the bear would hurt my companion but in my dream I actually laid down and went to sleep within sight of the bear.

Any thoughts on this?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Wild Animals
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 08:41:32 AM »
Jonvh – It seems you have a conflict going on. You feel okay with the animal side of yourself, even if it is a bit wild, but at the same time you are frightened it will hurt other parts of you. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/#mammalbrain

Remember that dreams are a magical mirror in which your innermost hopes, longings, fears/terrors and genius are made real. They are made real as external environments, people, animals and relationships. So the person or animal you dreamt about is not them, but is a dream image made out of your feelings and memories.

So I think it might be good for you to sit and imagine yourself back in the dream, and imagine you are gently introducing the animals to your family and you companion. You may need to do it several times on different days for it to work. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/

Tony