Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream of self harm  (Read 5173 times)

TimBurton777

• View Profile
Dream of self harm
« on: January 30, 2013, 03:11:40 PM »
I'd say a couple weeks ago i had this dream that made me start to ask questions. It started out with me and some friends in this house preparing for a halloween costume party. We were all dressing up in really slutty halloween costumes, which isn't like me at all. As my friends left the room that i was in I was dressing up in a slutty bunny costume. I then randomly picked up a knife that came from no where and slit my wrists. I then started to slice my stomach open. I started in the middle up by my breast and when straight down. It was supposed to be a little cut, not that deep. But as soon as i was finished the cut burst open with skin one each side flapping. I didn't know what to do so i pressed it back together with my hands, i was scared of going to the hospital. I grabbed a stapler and stapled the flaps back together and then proceeded to put my slutty bunny costume on. I then walked out of the room and the dream ended. The strange thing is, is that i felt no pain. And thought of getting help or going to tell my friends didn't even cross my mind. I have cut previously, but have stopped. I do have strong urges to cut, but i resist. The last time i have cut before this dream was about a month ago.lease try to help me and explain to me what this dream means. What is my sib conscious trying to tell me?

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Dream of self harm
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 05:43:41 PM »
Tim,

I have struggled with the same issues off and on...although they manifest in more ways.

I think the dream can help you if you focus on what feelings you need to express...just expressing your own feelings...regardless of if or how anyone else responds...is an act of love toward yourself and can soothe yourself.

(Self harm is a way of trying to deny that you are in emotional pain and that you need to soothe yourself).

As far as self soothing goes...soothing your body first...focusing on your senses...walking barefoot to connect with the ground, hot soaking baths, savoring your favorite foods, finding new foods that please your palate, feeling textures...enjoying colors...tactile activities....a class in pottery or clay maybe.  Keep a journal of your feelings while you are doing this on a daily or ritualized basis.

I would really like to hear back from you or see you continue to post.