Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream within a dream  (Read 5944 times)

Djimmy

• View Profile
Dream within a dream
« on: January 17, 2013, 12:37:38 PM »
Hi!,

I had a dream within a dream,about a girl i fell in love with at work,
Now she walked past me in a summer dress and i saw a (old school greenish/blueish) spot/mark/it wasnt a tattoo i think but looked like one, covering her whole ankle/achilles tendon.

at first it scared me but i'm kinda confused now...

sailrmc

• View Profile
Re: Dream within a dream
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 06:37:13 PM »
Hello DJIMMY,

It seems as if you were quite smitten, and it appears as if either you were, or she was, hindered in some way as a result...

sailrmc

Djimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 06:34:34 PM »
Thank you for your view :),

However the dream within the dream part is what is intrigueing me,why wouldn't i just drea it in a normal (1)
dream,instead now i had a dream in which i fell asleep and then proceeded to dream that about her....

sailrmc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 05:29:14 PM »
A dream within a dream form is often the minds way of offering a buffer zone of sorts... Allow me to explain.

When very emotional subject matter in our dreams is dealt with, we often wake up. Emotional frustration, anger, fear etc. in effect, hijack our dream to the point that adrenals pump chemicals into our veins and we wake. When a dream within a dream architecture is employed, we are less likely to wake because we realize that are not directly affected. The dreamer knows that he is dreaming and this awareness allows him to continue on and gain insight of the message from the unconscious that is so very important to us.

sailrmc

Djimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 09:06:52 PM »
Thank you!