Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More cake without icing?  (Read 25332 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: More cake without icing?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 01:43:46 PM »
Hi Midlander - I am still pondering upon the Ark of the Covenant. It seems from researching it that it is a promise made between Life and a people who we are the descendants of. And it is a opening to the power which is resident in all of us.

So  wonder if you have taken to time to imagine yourself as it and seeing what you feel.

Also I find it interesting that an Arabic women is involved. History says they carried of the Ark, and its resting place is now seen as holy. By holy I mean it has more than wider significance - as Mary has significance because she represents motherhood - a universal truth of Life.

Tony

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 02:08:26 PM »
Thank you Tony - that is interesting!!! It did feel as though the dream had a level that was not simply about my personal, present situation but a wider significance in my role and pilgrimage. I will try your suggestion and let you know.

Just adding; there was definitely something significant about the woman being muslim - although I think she was of some sort of arabic descent. She had a traditional black headress, although not a face veil. I have a vague recollection of brown skin.

From my theology days; the ark contained the covenant (or promise) as symbolised by the tablets of stone - it is not the actual covenant; although later legend has embued it with more mystery. It could not be touched; it had to be carried on poles. It was the priestly Levites who carried the ark because of its holiness. There is a horrible story about the ark nearly toppling while it was being carried and a man reaching out to save it with his arm and being 'struck dead' for touching it. Women would not have been allowed near it - in hebrew law they were unclean. There are very precise design instructions in the Old Testament for the ark of the covnenant - as there are for Noah's Ark.

It is interesting that, knowing all this, in my dream it should be portrayed as a tiny container, held in the hands of a  (unclean) woman - and a muslim, arabic woman at that.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:45:52 PM by Midlander »

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 11:37:46 AM »
Am still pondering about why doves would burrow in the earth - presuming this is about nurture and mother earth and finding succour and comfort there. God as the gardener is an old theme but at the same time myself as the gardener having accidentally cut half myself in half? The two doves could be two parts of me - or they could represent an external relationship - a pair of doves being associated with love.

Last night I dreamt I was staying at a hotel and ordered room service - a snack. I informed the two women that the young man (in his early twenties) had said he would bring the snack up to my room. (The young man in the dream is someone I know in the context that he works at my local gym). The women were amazed that he would deliver room service because he never did that. The inference was that I was special to him and/or there was a romantic interest (not so in real life).

In my room, I found some clothes belonging to the previous occupant; clearly a middle aged male businessman. Shoes and a pair of suit trousers, folded and on the floor with the shoes on top of them, as though ready to pack but forgotten. The young man arrived with my snack, he was nervous and held the plate at an angle and a scotch pancake covered in honey slid off and fell on the carpet, there was honey on the carpet. I said it didn't matter. I walked over to the clothes and shoe and told him that someone had left their clothes in room.

It feels as though this dream is saying something about me being on a journey of letting go of the tired, middle aged male aspect of myself and uniting with a younger, fitter, more vibrant maleness, maybe. There's also something erotic about the honey and it spilling onto the carpet. Honey as rich, sweet, indulgent, nutritious....
Yet, the clothes being left - trousers and shoes, very specifically. Someone has left but has left something of himself behind; hasn't truly gone. Like the end of a relationship where he's left bits of his possessions around so somehow still claiming space.

Except, in the dream I didn't know him - he was a stranger who left before I arrived. This could refer to my father; he left when I was a small baby and I never got to meet him. Of course, he still 'left something' in my life, part of himself in me - unfinished business, luggage, baggage. So I'm asking the nervous young man, with his overflowing honey, to deal with/sort out the debris left behind by my father.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 10:28:44 AM »
Hi Midlander – I am having trouble keeping up with the many posts, so thus this late response. Also I lost the thing I was replying too, so this is out of sequence. It was the garage dream.

“Do the attributes of the animal pertain to the other person?” I know I use this example a lot, but it might answer your question: “I was recently asked by a man who had given no thought to dreams how on earth you could extract any meaning from them. He was wearing a fairly old T-shirt, so I said, "OK, let’s imagine you dreamt of your T-shirt, what would you make of that?"

After a while he said, "I don't know that I would make anything of it."

My response was to say, "Right, but now tell me where you bought the T-shirt, and what memories it has for you." Whereupon he told me, with some hesitation his memories of being abroad, and that the shirt was part of memories that he didn't want to talk about. Not only did he realise he had very powerful associations with the T-Shirt, but he wanted to hide them.

Obviously you have associated feelings, hopes etc for the man, and his dog. So what are they?

I would guess they are something to do with your own natural feelings. After all you like the feeling of the dog on your lap. I would guess again that the connection and associations are ones that relax you and make you feel easy with the relaxtionship.

Tony

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 10:56:46 AM »
Thanks Tony. If I think about the relationship I have with both the dog and her owner, I guess it's this: even though they disrupt and make untidy my normal world, I like them to visit - I can be myself with them so I let the other things of my life be dishevelled by them because I enjoy them being here. They stopped coming when he got sick and I've missed them.