Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: living totem again  (Read 5075 times)

mikey

• View Profile
living totem again
« on: February 08, 2013, 04:26:52 PM »
hi tony,
i would be grateful for your thoughts on this dream as i feel my last post didn't lead to much,
the new totem dream.
a living totem again,comes out of the earth,same as first dream,living earth mother with first a wolf,then a wild boar,then a squirrel,all on top of each other,
i am surrounded by religious people,scientists,Christ,Buddha,they are are all debating ,some arguing about what this all means,
i have to shout to get myself heard,i wave a piece of paper in my hand at them,finally i get chance to speak,
i tell them that in my hands i hold the proof,but it is only for me,it is my experience that counts,& not what they think ,
i turn to see Buddha sat in the lotus position,smiling at me,i hand him the piece of paper,he reads it,smiles & bursts into laughter,then vanishes.
the living totem animals are now on my level,the wolf is in front,the squirrel up in a tree,the boar beside me,
the earth mother tells me that everything is in its place,except for a dark dangerous bear like creature that is stalking me,she tells me i must beware of this creature,
as i walk through the forest i feel protected by the animals around me,but am on edge as i know i am being watch by the dark creature,
would be grateful for any thoughts,as i feel that i have not got the important message of the dream,hence its return,albeit with a different insert,
rgds mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: living totem again
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 09:25:30 AM »
Mikey – The crux of the matter is as you say, “It is only for me, it is my experience that counts, and not what they think” or for that matter not what you think either. Here is something that may apply: “Understanding the symbols by thinking about them or ‘analysing’ them will do nothing to help you deal with dreams. A dream image is simply a mask your brain uses to describe a feeling or a fear. A dream comes from a level before words were created, and thinking is simply rearranging words. Thinking is usually done with words, and words are simply associations we have with the sound or the printed symbol. As such words are only the small associations we have with them.

The Buddha has never been one for living processes in life, and in my opinion                                            represents the still mind without thoughts. Useful but does not answer questions, simply the enigmatic smile.

The totem is a magnificent manifestation of the living forces within you. It is something that like a rock has emerged by the forces of nature in you, but you own work on yourself as carved the figures. They are marks of your own quality and what has been produced in your life.

But they are produced by your own formless spirit, and need you to go beyond thinking into yourself.

Something I find useful is to erect an idea of a vaster and huge awareness – I call it Angel or Angela – and ask it what your dream means. Then wait as if you are waiting to hear the answer from someone else. It is important to wait in just the way you wait to hear from a great source, without the usual butting in with your own thoughts. You can of course ask questions if it works to fully explore thing you do not understand.

Or try http://dreamhawk.com/body-and-mind/the-keyboard-condition/ or http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/#TalkingAs. Or maybe http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/using-your-intuition-1/

Tony