Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: dream of a town from my past  (Read 4657 times)

FLAgain

• View Profile
dream of a town from my past
« on: February 10, 2013, 05:20:53 PM »
I seek guidance for a dream I experienced last evening - I am unable to identify which words to seek in your dream dictionary.  My dream centered around a town in which I lived some years ago - on two different occasions.  In my awakened life (and dreams) this place is very dear to my heart.  The circumstances in which I moved from there were shattering and sad.  In the place I presently live, I have been putting much thought into seeking a new physcial place to call home.  Yesterday morning I visited an area in which I had an enjoyable time, and entertained thoughts of what it would be like to live there.  My dream last evening involved my past town - seeing an old friend, slowing driving the streets, seeing the store fronts.  In my dream, and when I awoke, I felt strong emotional stimulation - grief, sadness, regret.  My first initial awakened thoughts were am I wanting to move back there?  Intuition is telling me thatthis represents something more and different.  This is something I struggle with.
Thank you for reading.

mikey

• View Profile
Re: dream of a town from my past
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 12:23:39 PM »
hi,
 i would see it as a metaphor ,,
it may be related to your present thoughts,in that, are you happy ?,
sometimes we all need to escape back to a time we felt happier,a return to the womb of sorts,
i see these sort of escapes back to the past,as not a retreat from present circumstances,but more a chance to come to terms with true feelings,this sort of comparison with a past experience can release true feelings with the present.
are you longing for something or even someone ,what is your present situation,are you denying yourself anything,these are questions that may bring out the reason for the nostalgia,
these are only my thoughts hope they are of some help,
rgds mikey