Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Factory in the woods  (Read 5180 times)

Ruby

• View Profile
Factory in the woods
« on: February 11, 2013, 10:28:29 AM »
Hello everyone!
I had this dream yesterday and it somehow bothers me. Especially because the day before I had a very positive dream, where a turtle told me to be brave - which I have interpreted as an encouragement for showing my feelings instead of hiding them deeply what I used to do. Anyways, after that I had this one which I find very disturbing. Maybe that is a sign that I am still not ready to let go of my fears? Any insights will be appreciated, especially because this one is quite long ;)

I am in a clearing at the edge of the forest that grows on hills and I am sentenced to be in this place as a punishment.
Then I find myself somewhere in the depths of the forest. I stand in the line with other people and I feel that somewhere between them there is my friend E. from childhood. There is also a guy, a bad character, that we all fear, and who shows an interest for me, and finally there is another boy (that I do not know in real life), who is close to me and for who I care. We stand altogether in a queue in front of a metal-wood construction. Our task is to sit down, one after another, on a rope that is hanged between two wooden columns. We have to take a funnel-shaped bowl off the hook, that is hanged above the rope and carry it, sitting on a rope. The task is to pour what is inside the bowl into a big tank at the end of the rope. When my turn comes, I have no idea how to deal with the task - the hook seems to hang too high for me to reach it. The boy, whom everyone is afraid of catches me, settles me on the rope, gives the bowl and sits down beside me. We are somehow moving on the rope towards the big container. I look inside the funnel-shaped bowl that I am carrying – it is filled with pinkish pulp. When I am pouring it into the big tank, I realize that the pulp is partially composed of the human flesh. Horrified by this I barely get down from the rope. I lean on the tree, close to the queue. The “bad character” loses interest in me. Everyone in the queue looks at me with a pity and a little bit of compassion, because I did not realize what is going on from the beginning.
I am in another part of the forest. I live there in a tent with the guy who I care about. My sister visits us with a little child (this is not my real sister in the dream). I leave them and go somewhere down the hill and from now on I observe the situation from the perspective of the boy. My sister commiserates with us, but she knows that nothing can be done to improve our situation. She begins incensing our tent with some protective herbs that look like lavender. The boy and my sister are talking friendly to each other which makes me a little bit jealous.
I have left the forest and I am in a small town. I enter to first fast food restaurant on my way and I look at their offer. Suddenly I realize that the hamburgers served there are made from the pulp produced in the forest. At this point, a boy on my right speaks to me. I look at him surprised. He tells me that we know each other from the forest, and that he was with a group 4, and I may not remember him because my group was hopeless and yet very domineering. I want to explain him that my group was not that bad, because my friend E. (the one from childhood) was with me, but I do not say anything.

sailrmc

• View Profile
Re: Factory in the woods
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 05:26:41 PM »
Hello Ruby,

It seems as if you are getting a review of with how you see yourself,(the person that you have become),  relative to "people & things" (events in your waking life) that you have endured or experienced. You have some degree of uncertainty about how you feel about yourself, and the unconscious mind has served up this food for thought especially for your benefit.

Your take on this self evaluation, is rather positive. At the same time, it appears as if you might secretly wish you had been one who had taken more risk, one who had lived a bit more on the edge, as opposed to  being more cautious in your choices.

The symbolism is wonderful showing the person who strives to stay balanced on the journey through life, (this is you), pouring out a ground up concoction (the raw make up of a person), only to find out that it was served up as a hamburger. I know, as this appears, it seems rather sick, but taken as the unconscious mind's symbolic presentation, it shows you are getting a self evaluating in a manner that is consistent with, pound for pound, the person that you have become (a purely objective view courtesy of the unconscious mind).
In your early childhood, you were fortunate to have a very positive influence, who helped you greatly...and is it paying off.

regards,
sailrmc 

Ruby

• View Profile
Re: Factory in the woods
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 11:39:42 AM »
Thank you very much for your interpretation Sailrmc!
I was actually positively struck by your statement
In your early childhood, you were fortunate to have a very positive influence...
I dreamt about that friend some time ago and was wondering why did she appear in my dreams after not seeing her for so many years - I think that now I understand why. When I think of it now, it was that kind of childhood friendship that is as honest and true as it can be - where no masks of persona are worn and where you have no secrets. Her presence in the dream may be my need for a friend like that in a time of "balancing".

My best regards,
Ruby